No announcement yet.

What are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Percy Jackson was a great read, the series should be bought all together because you want to keep reading after you finish one book, but no cliffhangers except for the last book that was the only one with a cliff hanger, The next Camp Half blood series, what the series name is supposed to be now since the next book Percy isnt going to BE THE MAIN CHARECTER, WHAT!!!!! lol there hasnt been any hints about who the new protagonist is but percy will still be in the next book, maybe as an advisor who knows? but i would totaly recomend these books
    sigpic

Comment

• I got to meet Rick Riordan a couple of years ago--he's a really cool guy. I enjoyed the Percy Jackson series, too. My coworker's son worked on the special effects team for the movie.
      sigpic

Comment

• Right now? A book I started on the bus from Wet N' Wild ( a water park) back to school today. My friend Tyler was reading it (he's a crime show buff like me) and I read the back cover, and decided it sounded good. I read part of it on the bus, and convinced him to let me borrow it for tonight, because I read fast. It's called Level 26. It's a bit disturbing at times, as it IS a crime book, but it's very good. Intriguing.
        sigpic

Comment

• I just finished "Stalingrad" by Theodor Plievier,which is,of course about the Battle of Stalingrad from the German point of view.

This book is one of the reasons I quit reading horror stories years ago,they lost their capacity to scare me (My new motto: "Life is too short to read Stephen King stories"),there's enough horror in the real world.
          "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

• The hobbit by j.r.r tolkein
            Farenheit 451 by ray bradbury
            Of mice and men by john steinbeck

Savvy by Ingrid Law
            Playing with matches by Brian Katcher
            Repossesed by A.M Jenkins

oh advanced english 2
            too many people signed up for the class so she gave us twice the work lol i like to read though so who cares
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by funja View Post
              The hobbit by j.r.r tolkein
              Farenheit 451 by ray bradbury
              Of mice and men by john steinbeck

Savvy by Ingrid Law
              Playing with matches by Brian Katcher
              Repossesed by A.M Jenkins

oh advanced english 2
              too many people signed up for the class so she gave us twice the work lol i like to read though so who cares
              hehe the only one ive read on that list is the hobbit
              it was my favourite book when i was little (just as good as the LOTR imho)

ANYway ive just finished reading ABHORSEN, the last in the old kingdom trilogy from garth nix (FINALLY got it for my birthday last week)
              very good, fitting end to the trilogy, its a bit slow at the start but it soon picks up momentum and the ending is just EPIC!

Comment

• Yesterday I started reading "The Last Wish" by Andrzej Sapkowski. Seems good
                Suomi-Riddle

Suomi-Riddle 2

Comment

• Yesterday I finished Men Who Hate Women (aka The girl with the dragon tattoo) by Stieg Larsson.
                  An amazingly well written book. It grabbed me right from the prologue. After 200 pages I was convinced it was good book all the way, and after 400 pages I knew this was one of the better books I had read.

This weekend I start with the sequel.
                  Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• I just today finished I am the Messenger (AKA The Messenger) by Markus Zusak. It was a really amazing book and it keeps you guessing until the very end. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes suspenseful books, or just to anyone who likes to read.
                    sigpic

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

"There is not a thin line between love and hate. There is, in fact, a Great Wall of China with armed sentries posted every 20 feet between love and hate."

Occam's Razor:
                    The simplest explanation is always the best.

"There's no I in team. There is a me though, if you jumble it up."

~Charmed4ever

Comment

• Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
                      sigpic

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

"There is not a thin line between love and hate. There is, in fact, a Great Wall of China with armed sentries posted every 20 feet between love and hate."

Occam's Razor:
                      The simplest explanation is always the best.

"There's no I in team. There is a me though, if you jumble it up."

~Charmed4ever

Comment

• The past month I read many books of Karin Slaughter. Now I am reading A Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
                        Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• I'm about to start Burning for Revenge by John Marsden and then probably start Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
                          sigpic

Comment

• whenever the time let me "the unburied" by Charles Palliser

Comment

• I started with George Orwells's 1984 but put it aside to read Karin Slaughter's Genesis.
                              Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

• just finished reading smoke and mirrors by niel gaiman

GREAT BOOK I love it!! he is my favorite author now that I finished reading his book

just started to read the vampire diaries
                                never trust someone who lies to you, never lie to someone who trusts you.

Comment

Working...
                                X