GamersHood Forums is organizing an Online Riddle Contest.
For this purpose we are looking for persons who enjoy creating riddles and don't mind a friendly competition.
It doesn't matter if you are an experienced riddle creator or have never created any riddle before. Everyone is welcome to participate. Of course there are prizes to win: free Big Fish Games credits, T-shirts and other goodies, and not only for the riddle creators but also for the riddle players. More details about the prizes will follow later.
If you are interested in creating a riddle for the contest, please send a Private Message to GamersHood or one of the following moderators: Adventure, EscapeGirl, Kzin, old biker, tipper75 or Yvonne. In this registration PM, you should provide, as accurately as possible, the date that you will complete your riddle and have it ready to be played.
Important notes for the riddle creators:
- The riddle must have a minimum of 15 levels and maximum of 20 levels.
- The finished riddle must be sent to one of the above named moderators and may not be posted publicly - one of the GH moderators will do this.
- The riddle is exclusive for GamersHood as long as the contest lasts. This means the riddle may not be posted on other sites until the contest is over. On the homepage of the riddle it must be clearly written that the riddle is designed for the GamersHood Online Riddle contest and that the riddle may not be posted on other sites until the contest is over.
- If somehow the riddle gets posted on another site before that is allowed, the riddle creators are not allowed to give hints publicly on any site other than GamersHood.
- Any technology may be used to create the riddle as long as the riddle is playable online and does not have to be downloaded.
- The riddle levels may be edited to fix errors or to add extra hints if it turns out there is a need for it.
- The riddle creators must be around frequently to help the jury to advance with their riddle when they get stuck. The jury should be able to finish the riddle to be able to judge it. For this purpose the riddle creators and the Jury get their own forum where they can communicate, ask for hints and post hints.
- Riddle creators must provide a walkthrough of their riddle and send it to our moderator Adventure. This is a precaution in case the riddle creator cannot be around for a certain reason. That way Adventure can help out the Riddle Jury by giving them hints in the private forum and the Jury won't get stuck.
As mentioned above, there will be an official Jury who judges the riddle on certain points such as originality, logicality, design / lay out, etcetera. This jury gets their own private forum where they can discuss and evaluate the riddles.
The official Jury are all experienced riddlers who solved many riddles and maybe even have created a riddle or several riddles themselves. The GH moderators will contact people this month who are considered to be qualified for the job. If you are not asked, but would like to be a jury member and you think you are ready for this task, then feel free to shoot Adventure a PM with motivations why you would be a good jury member. Keep in mind, though, that we don't want to have too large of a jury. About 5 people should be enough.
It will not be only the official jury who judges the riddle, also all the players of the riddles may rate the riddles. Both juries have an equal voice in the final scores (50/50).
At the moment we can't give a precise date when the contest will start officially. This depends on when the riddle creators are finished with their riddles, but we hope that we can launch the contest in the first months of 2012.
If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post in the following mentioned thread and we will try to answer all questions as quickly as possible.
If you have any questions about how to create a riddle don't hesitate to post in this thread: http://www.gamershood.com/forum/show...iddle-Creating
Lets have some fun!
~ GamersHood Staff