Questions about the GH Online Riddle Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the GH Online Riddle Contest

If you have any questions about the GH Online Riddle Contest, this is the thread to ask them.
    We will do our best to answer all questions as accurate and quickly as possible.
    Faily of Kzin

sigpic

is it the jury who decides the winner(s) of the contest or will the players have an input too

Comment

I have entered a game, I hope people enjoy it.....I want to see the response of all games! The 'jury' should not decide the winner in my opinion, the players should....

Comment

I believe the final scores will be decided by both players and jury (50/50 split).

Comment

It's great to see you entered a riddle for this contest, Jon. Thank you very much for your submission! There are quite some players who are looking forward to play it.

The jury and the players will decide together who will win. They both have an equal input.
          Take in mind that the jury are all riddle players, too.

A player may rate the riddle purely based on their experience. For example if someone gets badly stuck on level 1 and decides to give up we can't stop them to rate the riddle with 1 star only. A jury member is not allowed to do this. They must solve all riddle levels and rate the riddle on several points like logic, hardness (not too hard, not too easy), originality, presentation.

edit: hi @30nights, you are correct.
          Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Adventure, I tried to answer your pm about this contest, but your inbox is full.
            Suomi-Riddle

Suomi-Riddle 2

Comment

Is it OK to enter 2 riddles into the contest?

EDIT: I wanted to make a eg24 friendly riddle, no change the URL, I have put in 'input boxes' and a check your answer feature.

Then perhaps make a slightly trickier game for those who like a challenge....
              Last edited by jonthewatch; 02-02-2012, 00:28:38. Reason: more info added

Comment

LOL, don't you prefer to make 1 riddle with the best of???
                Luthorien

Comment

Originally posted by Luthorien View Post
                  LOL, don't you prefer to make 1 riddle with the best of???
                  That's exactly what shaharc suggested, too.

@jonthewatch, we discussed and all agree it's not fair when a riddle creator may submit more than one riddle to the contest. So only one riddle per creator. It's up to you which one you want to enter the contest with. The riddle you already submitted, or the new one you have in mind, or like Luthorien and shaharc suggested, to pick the best 20 levels out of both riddles to make one great new riddle. But please let me know if the riddle you submitted is not the one of your choice. It's important for me to know. I explain in a PM why.
                  Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

im in the same boat as jonthewatch

i have levels for different riddles and other unused levels. im not sure if i want a themed riddle or not. i was going to do a riddle i usually do, but now im second guessing myself.

Comment

Originally posted by linkinpark333 View Post
                      im in the same boat as jonthewatch

i have levels for different riddles and other unused levels. im not sure if i want a themed riddle or not. i was going to do a riddle i usually do, but now im second guessing myself.
                      Completely up to you, of course, but if you're really unsure, just choose your best levels and put them into one riddle. (This is only a suggestion. )

Comment

In the announcements thread the contest logo has been posted but I am unable to view it. Can it be re-posted? Are we to incorporate this logo onto our riddle homepage? Thanks.

Comment

is there a limit on how many pages can be made? if i make eggs it will take up more space.

im also having picture problems.

Im not sure which levels/ideas to put in. i would have submitted my riddle already, but its too easy. I have loose levels and other ideas, but not sure if i want to include it or not.

Comment

Thanks for the report 30nights! I re-uploaded it and now it should be visible for everyone.
                            And no, you don't have to integrate the logo on the index page of your riddle, but of course this is allowed if you like to.

@Linkin, what kind of picture problems do you have?

I think this answers your question..
                            Originally posted by Adventure View Post
                            Q: You have set a minimum of 15 levels and a maximum of 20 levels. Are egg-pages considered as individual levels?
                            A: No, egg-pages that give you a clue whether you are on the right track or wrong track or egg-pages that give you an additional clue for the level are not counted as individual levels.

Q: Are so called sub-levels, i.e. level 1a and 1b, considered as individual levels?
                            A: When the sub-levels are obviously related, stay loyal to one subject and can't be solved without the other sub-levels, then the sub-levels of one level are considered as one level only.
                            I can't help you with deciding what levels or idea to use for your contest riddle. That's completely up to you. But what you could do is make the riddle with the best you have now and when you get a better idea you can replace that new idea with an old level. You still have 44 days left to submit your riddle.
                            Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Thank you Adventure. I like the logo.

Comment

Working...
                              X