Ad's Playing On Top of Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad's Playing On Top of Games

After first click on game, where you read the description, an ad plays. Click again on the link to go to the game (new page) and the ad from the previous page keeps playing. So you've got that music/talk ON TOP of the music/sound of the game you're trying to play. Even if you go back to mute the ad, when it cycles to a new one, the mute goes off by itself and the ad starts playing again. This is really annoying when you're trying to listen to the games audio. GH, can you fix this please?

Hi Silver.

I assume you use IE and you are talking about the game site gamershood.com. If yes, what version, if no what internet browser and version are you using?
    Do you have an account for the game site? (It's different from you account here on the forums). If you log in on gamershood.com I believe the ads will disappear. Have you tried this?
    And what ads are causing this issue? And does this occur with all games or one particular game only? Can you give us the link?

Either way I PMed GamersHood to let him know about your question. I hope he can provide a real answer and a solution for you.

edit: GamersHood told me the questions I asked are relevant to investigate this issue. We hope to hear back form you soon.
    Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Hiya. Yep, I use IE, version 9.0.8. Yes, I have a seperate account at GH and I'm always signed in. I've hardly ever posted, but I've been playing for a long time. The change just seems to be in the last several weeks. Sometimes there are ads that are just still, with a graphic and text. No problem with them (obviously). The problem ads are the ones that are like videos/commercials. For example: I go to Escape Games. I click on one which brings me to a new page where there are comments and also an ad. I click on "play this game", and I'm taken to a new page where the game loads and I can play it. But the ad from the previous (2nd) page keeps playing! So while I'm hearing the game sounds, I'm also hearing the ad at the same time. The video ads seem random. Sometimes it's them, other times it's just the still shot. But it's alway happening now with the video ones. I've tried muting them on their screen, but as soon as it cycles to a new ad, the mute comes off on it's own.

I'm sorry, I don't know how to give you a link any of those. I'm only having this trouble playing the escape games. Doesn't matter which one. All of them. None of the other kinds of games. For the record, I do understand the importance of the ads. Without them, I don't think we'd have such a great website! Everyone needs to make some money, right? It's just gotten impossible to enjoy playing with them continuing to play over the games.

Thanks so much for your help

Comment

I made our admin attentive about your new post and he is going to look in to it.

Originally posted by GamersHood
        If you are logged in there are graphics ads, however there shouldn't be any video or sound ads and no before-game-ads. I need to look into this and disable those sound making ads.
        Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X