• Show
Clear All

funja!!! Hello, welcome back!

Strange as Angels, Dancing in the Deepest Oceans

Comment

Hey tipper, how are things?
      sigpic

Comment

I second that! Good to see people come back, I love this place, but I disappear from time to time too

Comment

Originally posted by funja View Post
          Hey tipper, how are things?
          Lots of things have changed

Comment

Oh, well im sorry to hear that. Are you doing well at least?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by funja View Post
              Oh, well im sorry to hear that. Are you doing well at least?
              Yes I am, let's just say that I am all alone now

I guess you are in an university now?

Comment

Change comes in many flavors, tasty and bitter. Sometimes I come back to the site, nose around for a while, and I feel for a few minutes as though I could slip back into the way things were. But change is inevitable. And there's a harsher truth that we like to forget. Or we try to fool ourselves into disbelieving. Or fantasize about defying. No matter how nostalgic we grow, or how many pieces are put back into place, there is no going back. By all the powers of the world and existence, there's no staying put, and there's no going back. The only option left is scary. It's uncertain. But trying to resist it, mourning what was left behind, these are choices that only make the inevitable worse.

Not to say that everything should be forgotten. There is value in the past. Preserved words, ideas, lessons. It's just futility to imagine implanting your present self in that time, or to imagine implanting that past time into this present age. Even if a great amount of life was breathed back into this website, and many old members returned, it would be different. I've changed. You've changed. The times have changed. The pieces might find a new way to fit together, but the old picture will always be a product of a moment in time, never to be fully revisited.
                Time is a mysterious thing. never eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorick View Post
                  Change comes in many flavors, tasty and bitter. Sometimes I come back to the site, nose around for a while, and I feel for a few minutes as though I could slip back into the way things were. But change is inevitable. And there's a harsher truth that we like to forget. Or we try to fool ourselves into disbelieving. Or fantasize about defying. No matter how nostalgic we grow, or how many pieces are put back into place, there is no going back. By all the powers of the world and existence, there's no staying put, and there's no going back. The only option left is scary. It's uncertain. But trying to resist it, mourning what was left behind, these are choices that only make the inevitable worse.

Not to say that everything should be forgotten. There is value in the past. Preserved words, ideas, lessons. It's just futility to imagine implanting your present self in that time, or to imagine implanting that past time into this present age. Even if a great amount of life was breathed back into this website, and many old members returned, it would be different. I've changed. You've changed. The times have changed. The pieces might find a new way to fit together, but the old picture will always be a product of a moment in time, never to be fully revisited.
                  Whoah Yorick
                  never trust someone who lies to you, never lie to someone who trusts you.

Comment

Hi zillah0625, long time no see.

A student who changes the course of history is probably taking an exam.

As long as the answer is right, who cares if the question is wrong?

Comment

Greetings everyone!
                      Just a quick stop on my flight through the galaxies
                      I hope that everyone is doing well!

Comment

Hi Mistery, nice to see you again. Are you planning to stay a while? How's life?
                        Good taste is the excuse I've always given for leading such a bad life.
                        - Oscar Wilde

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.
                        - Oscar Wilde

I have but the simplest taste—I am always satisfied with the best.
                        - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Hi Oscar, nice to see you, too!
                          I plan to visit from time to time, yes.
                          I'm doing well, thank you. Got a challenging but very interesting job that I love counseling young adults with a difficult past, and trying to get them back on track and help them build a new perspective in life (incl. job training or finding a job). So, I'm pretty busy, and sometimes I wish a day had more than 24 hours, so that I had time and energy for everything else I would like to do, and everyone I would like to keep in touch with more often... But that's life I guess
                          How about you?

Comment

Same old same old, if you're so busy you won't have difficulty sleeping.
                            - Oscar Wilde

- Oscar Wilde

- Oscar Wilde

Comment

Well, I've never been good at falling asleep...
                              Same old, still locked up in the birdcage?

Comment

Yep, but a lot has changed. The forum games are just deserted, most of the regulars gone mod. I just knew you would get my hint about sleep.
                                - Oscar Wilde

- Oscar Wilde

- Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                                X