In the following flash tutorial,you will (hopefully) learn how to make a simple button in flash ^_^!
1.Open a new "flash document".
2. to start we will draw a simple rectangle button.
3. select the rectangle tool.
4 choose your colours for the button (pencil colour=outline of button)
(pen tool=filler colour of button).
5 select the black mouse tool (the arrow in the tool bar that is black >_>).
6. highlight the button by dragging the mouse over the button.
7. right click on the highlighted button.
8. select from the drop down menu "convert to symbol"
9. you have 3 choices of which to convert it to: movie clip,button or graphic.
Also call it "button1"
10. obviously choose button.
11. click ok.
12. now you have the button...except it won't do anything ^_^!
13.now right click on the symbol and select "actions".
14. now you have to type in code.
15. luckily for you i have prepeared a very simple code for you to copy into the actions panel.
gotoAndPlay(*insert frame number here*);
17. that code above will goto the next frame in the timeline and start playing.
18. where it says "*insert frame number here*" delete that and enter the number of the frame you want it to go to.
19.now you have pretty much made your button ^_^.
20. all steps from here are optional .
21. double click your button1 symbol.
22. you will now be in edit mode.
23. in the timeline you will only see 4 frames.
24. you can edit these according to what you want to happen in: up,over,down and hit.
25. sound is also able to be put in a button like a normal frame.
26. END OF THE TUTORIAL!.
27. post here for help.