Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Club (Talk about protection of the environment)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Club (Talk about protection of the environment)

I don't think this'll last long, but I'll try to keep it going.

Green Club is a club to keep the natural existing "clean". My friend thinks the pollution we caused started the global warming. I don't think some of you guys heard it, but it's really weird.

Pledge:
    We, (enter names here)do swear to work together, to find ways to help the enviroment. We'll learn all we can about protecting nature and wildlife.We will volunteer to make the enviroment clean.We will help make this world a greener, healthier place.

Here are some things you could do to protect the enviroment:
    1. Turn off lights, TVs, stereos, and radios when not in use.
    2. Use fans instead of ACs.
    3. In winter, try to wear a thick sweater, instead of turning up the heat.
    4. Use less hot water.
    5. Walk, ride your bike or ride the subway. Cars and buses will pollute the air.
    6. Reuse any reusable bags.
    7. Avoid using aerosol cans.
    Any more?

This thread lets you talk about any pollutions or nature problems. Feel free to disagree or agree!
    Last edited by GTgirl; 11-23-2007, 16:37:35.

I am an elite member of GFARTDO

I am the witch of GH planet!!

Also french partner of HeartoftheDark

GTgirl, I have added the addition in brackets to the title, so that the topic is clear at first view)

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Enviroment helping FTW!
        Live in virtue no desire.
        And in the grave an angels' choir.
        You look to heaven, wonder why.
        No one can see them in the sky.
        Rammstein ~ Engel

I have a family ^.^,Wiro's my Brother,Crazy's my Mother,Hitman's my Father and Rannei's my Sister!

Comment

Maybe we can like...do something already!

Originally posted by GTgirl
          I don't think this'll last long, but I'll try to keep it going.

I absolutley LOVE that part of the message...

Seriously your starting to rack up threads in which you don't reply...

And on the subject of the enviroment...Global warming is destined to have killed us all in an estimated 50-100 years
          Rammstein ~ Engel

I have a family ^.^,Wiro's my Brother,Crazy's my Mother,Hitman's my Father and Rannei's my Sister!

Comment

i take this subject seriously i want to help improve the enviroment and do everything i can to prevent global warming because so far we have been given only one planet if we use it then its over for the human race and we have failed i think you should all do everything you can to stop global warming infact at school we have a recycle week and walk to school days that i organize ^^ so mabey the older people can do stuff like that at work and people in high school can join the student council and organize events like those

Comment

Thanks for supporting me!

Well, it's funny, my brother and me thought everything's going wrong becuz of the global warming. Winter's turning fall, Fall turning summer, Summer's turning spring, Spring into winter! BUt I'm sure the school will keep their old routine, June __ for summer break.

Comment

Maybe you can add. If you need to travel far away. And can't go whit a bike. Don't go whit the car. Take the bus instead.
                Here in holland they're trying to make busses cheaper/free. That way they hope people will take the bus instead of the car.

And here it's fall during winter. Fall during fall. Summer during spring.
                And summer during summer.

(From last year's spring till now)

Comment

Yeah, this way we can get a few people helping the enviroment... but thing is there's still millions of people who won't get off they're butt and refuse to help. But maybe if we try, we can struggle to last about a few seconds longer thanks to YOU GTgirl. Sorry if i sounded sarcastic. Its that about 15% of the world are trying, the other 85% don't. That is not enough to stop the world from being destroyed. (please, astronomers, make a quick, cheap and easy way to get to the moon!)

Sorry... thats not like me... Its just im so frustrated by the lazy ones who don't even TRY to make a difference...

But anyway, well done GTgirl!
                  Last edited by OneBun; 03-25-2007, 19:21:58. Reason: merged posts
                  L. Hill

Comment

What about the possibility global warming is a hoax just to scare people to lower wages on public transport and more people will use them,so the goverment is just gaining more money?
                    Rammstein ~ Engel

Comment

Impossible, as the greenhouse gases (gases caused by pollution i think) go out of earth, then come back. Those gases heat up the planet causing glaciers to melt and so on.
                      L. Hill

Comment

There's apparently a conspiracy about it,but I hear alot of wierd things :p
                        Rammstein ~ Engel

Comment

Yeah, but its true, i seen a movie about it once.
                          L. Hill

Comment

Another conspiracy I just remembered hearing about,is it supposed to keep undeveloped countries like Africa undeveloped by not letting them use oil,electricity and other power sources because of global warming.
                            Rammstein ~ Engel

Comment

global warming isn't a hoax and it IS causing the earth to warm. the warming of the earth has been recorded for a long time. It’s only a very tiny bit a year of course, but that doesn’t mean it’s not happening. And sure it’s hard for a few people to make a difference, but not doing anything and/or supporting ways that harm the environment is only gonna make it worse. plus there are still a lot of people trying to make a difference. that doesn't mean you can't drive anywhere or never use AC or anything either- that’s kinda harsh to expect of someone. it's just nice to keep in mind that carpooling or recycling is a nice and easy way to help out. have you heard about the documentary al gore made, The Inconvenient Truth, that got lots of awards/nominations?? here’s the link to a site talking about it, which includes ways you can help and about the film itself: http://www.climatecrisis.net/ . you should definitely watch it if you’re interested in this kind of stuff. i personally think we would've been a lot better off with him than george bush (for those of you that live in the u.s.). but it's no thanks to my state haha. indiana is so republican that it hasn't voted democrat in FOREVER.

Some of the tips given to add to the list:

-Replace a regular incandescent light bulb with a compact fluorescent light bulb (cfl)
                              CFLs use 60% less energy than a regular bulb. This simple switch will save about 300 pounds of carbon dioxide a year. If every family in the U.S. made the switch, we’d reduce carbon dioxide by more than 90 billion pounds! You can purchase CFLs online from the Energy Federation.

-Move your thermostat down 2° in winter and up 2° in summer
                              Almost half of the energy we use in our homes goes to heating and cooling. You could save about 2,000 pounds of carbon dioxide a year with this simple adjustment. The American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy has more tips for saving energy on heating and cooling.

-Clean or replace filters on your furnace and air conditioner
                              Cleaning a dirty air filter can save 350 pounds of carbon dioxide a year.

-Keep your car tuned up
                              Regular maintenance helps improve fuel efficiency and reduces emissions. When just 1% of car owners properly maintain their cars, nearly a billion pounds of carbon dioxide are kept out of the atmosphere.

-Check your tires weekly to make sure they’re properly inflated
                              Proper inflation can improve gas mileage by more than 3%. Since every gallon of gasoline saved keeps 20 pounds of carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere, every increase in fuel efficiency makes a difference!

ugh this site kept messing up and posted my thing like 20 times. grrr..

Comment

Working...
                              X