Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion: Why do you come on Gamershood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion: Why do you come on Gamershood?

Come on then peeps. Spill. Why do you sacrifice time with your friends, studies, work, family, fresh air, TV, sports, dates, etc....all for Gamershood?

It will also be interesting to know when and how you all found the forum.

I found Gamershood after playing MOTAS and googling for more Room Escape Games. Then I found the forum because I was stuck on a game.

Then I got hooked. Hooked on the games, the typing, the interaction with other people all over the world playing the same game as me.....let's be cheesy for a minute and admit something....GAMERSHOOD ROCKS!!!

PS Get talking people. I don't want to look like a fool and be the only one to post on this thread....that would make me feel sad and lame.
    Last edited by OneBun; 02-02-2007, 01:00:51.
    ~Official Author In Progress~ = um actually.

I'M A PUBLISHED AUTHOR NOW!!!

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/849060 - My very FIRST book!!

Totally addicted to Bass, wow ow oww!

Because Gamershood is awesome.NO other site gets the greatness we do.
    Gamershood is better than ALL.

End Of Topic.
    Live in virtue no desire.
    And in the grave an angels' choir.
    You look to heaven, wonder why.
    No one can see them in the sky.
    Rammstein ~ Engel

I have a family ^.^,Wiro's my Brother,Crazy's my Mother,Hitman's my Father and Rannei's my Sister!

Comment

Because I like to play Escape the Room games and Point-N-Click games. Plus, I'm bored hehe!

Comment

Originally posted by OneBun
        Come on then peeps. Spill. Why do you sacrifice time with your friends, studies, work, family, fresh air, TV, sports, dates, etc....all for Gamershood?

It will also be interesting to know when and how you all found the forum.
        Doing some marketing research OneBun? Why don’t you tell us how you ended up here and why you sacrifice free time to be here? And don’t tell me it’s because your duty as a mod. You did that in free will. So please tell us: what is the story of the pink bunny!!

But good I will tell mine, however I have told my story already many times e.g. in this thread.
        http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2669
        But I don’t mind to quote myself and add some news things to it.

Originally posted by Adventure, post date 11 November 2006
        Lol, I found GH forums before the GH game pages. I just googled, looking for help with a game, I thought it was attic escape, and I found the hint I needed in a thread. Some days later I ended up again at the GH forums and since then I came back for help when I was stuck with games. The games I downloaded still from nitro59. But then the day came that I couldn’t find the answer for a specific problem, so I had to ask for help and there was Mystery. However I already spotted her. Later I found the pets/animal thread in general chat and discovered a new world with nice and particular crazy people and stayed (still as a guest ). The real reason to sign up as a member was because I couldn’t attach images. So OneBun said why you don't become and member and so I did and now you are stuck with me.
        But to answer the question: why do sacrifice my free time to be here? Like I have told before.. first it was my room escape addiction and I found here the help I couldn’t seem to find anywhere else. But maybe you were all so lucky () that I just ended up here while looking for help with a game. Or maybe I was just so lucky that I found directly my way to this fantastic site. Some time later I discovered general chat and in specific the pets/animals thread triggered my attention. If go back in time you will notice that my first posts in this sub-forum are all in this thread. My first chatting took here place and this is also the thread where I became a member of Gamershood.
        First post in pets/animals (5 May 2006):
        http://www.gamershood.com/forum/show...t=1044&page=19
        First post as a member (10 May 2006)
        http://www.gamershood.com/forum/show...t=1044&page=23
        But I was already checking out chit chat. (Btw it’s really funny for me to read my old posts. ) But then came the day that I first posted in chit chat…
        First post in chit chat (14 may 2006):
        http://www.gamershood.com/forum/show...t=1787&page=35 (post #342)
        But actually I started to chat really in chit chat a few days later..
        Second post in chit chat (19 may 2006):
        http://www.gamershood.com/forum/show...t=1787&page=44 (post # 440)
        And however I still was more to find in the game area then at the general chat forum, the chatting began to grow. Why? Because they are truly a lot of remarkable and wonderful people here and I enjoyed to chat to them. I still do!! And like I wrote in another thread..it still amaze me everyday that we do have such a bunch of fantastic people gathered together.
        So the reason for me is to “sacrifice” my free time here is just because I have a good time here with bunch of incredible people.

Btw I do agree with Dais and Bread, GamersHood is awesome and ROCKS!!!
        I have seen in the mean time many other game sites and forums, but they are all not that great as GamersHood is. (For all who feel offended..this still stays an opinion. ).
        Last edited by Adventure; 03-30-2007, 17:43:52. Reason: Replaced two links. They didn't redirected to the correct posts anymore.
        Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Well, I found the site after clicking on the link at lazylaces.com. Originally I was unaware of the forums. I knew that each game had a help forum, but that was all I knew. So, for a couple months I only played games. It wasn't until later when I had emailed Mistery with a question (not realizing she was a moderator) and she sent me a link to one of the forum's threads. Then, after some poking around I found the chit chat thread, and the forum games. I still play the regular games, but not as much as I chat. I would have to say that originally it was the games that made this site rock. Now, though the games still rock, what keeps me coming back time and time again, are the people. The people here are different than other places on the net. The people (members and moderators) here are fun, witty, caring, nice, and definitely the reason I think Gamershood is so awesome.

I would also like to say that I have work, school, and friends in the real world that I couldn't give up for my friends here on da Hood, but for as long as I can, I'd like to stay connected with the wonderful people I have met here on Gamershood.

Comment

Holy crap batman!!! I can's say that much. I found Gamershood on a link from
            http://www.i-am-bored.com/ and started playing games here. Then I wanted to help others play, so I joined the fourm. Then I found chit chat and jumped right in. As for Friends. I don't have any (J/K) I'm only here at work cause I ain't got no computer at home. (great english huh?) The only reason I stay now is EscapeGirl No I stay because of all my friends here and I like to learn about other places from them.
            Life is not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be lived
            "The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up."

Comment

I stay at GH for, what other reason, the LOONY BIN!
              Oh, and dont forget the games.
              & the awesome mods and members
              & the daily updates.
              & A BAZILLON MORE GREAT THINGS!!!!

Comment

The reason I came to GamersHood. For a while I was addicted to mystery solving games. I went on a major web search to look for some new ones. While on this search, I discovered the world of "Room Escapes" ... "WOW these are even more fun than mysteries" ...is what I told myself. I went on a new search for these cool games!

I just happened on this actual old GamersHood page:

http://www.gamershood.com/jaescape.php

That game just rockes!!!!! I had to check if they had any more games like this, & they did. I have been here ever since. It was all it took to hook this bun in. I was a "guest" in this forum for a very long time. For some funny reason I was paranoid about joining. LOL Those days of gaming forum fears are looonnnggg gone. In those days guests could post anywhere, so that is what I did. I stayed anonomous.

It's kinda funny that I posted the walkthrough for one of the most famous escape games, but, I posted as a guest: Crimson Room ...LOL I laugh at myself about this all the time. Well that really was me, so now the cat's outta the bag! That post was itself was way back in August 12, 2005. I had been posting a while even before that. I still don't know why I waited until January 2006 to actually join. One day I just said Heck, I'm joining.... (I was always here anyways)... so I joined.
                I can't believe it but I've been here OFFICIALLY a year now!

I never regret having joined. I love being a Mod. The owner of GamersHood is kind & runs a great site. All the hard work they put into creating & maintaining this place really shows. I have a great deal of respect for that.

I also love it here because I too have made many great & lasting friendships. Mistery has been my longest standing friend. She PM'd me one day & we've been chatting ever since.

The all of these things are great memories, & ones I cherish. I too feel the same as Darknight. The enjoyment of having learned so much about other cultures outside my country has been more than I could ever have expected. It is sooooo cool to me what I have learned. I cherish the memories you all have given me. GamersHood has a special place in my heart!
                Seeking Where My Alien & Mysterious Sis Has gone???
                Looney GHer!

Comment

I don't remmy why I joined... but it was probably the fact that I was bored... I can't think of anything else... It was so long ago that I joined, its almost my 1 year anniversary here...
                  I'm back, but for how long? Meeting someone from the past is just one of the great parts of life, isn't?

I Don't Do Crazy, I Perfer Sanity Challenged

I'm not like crazy people, I just hang out and act like them ^^

Comment

My one year anniversary is before yours
                    Live in virtue no desire.
                    And in the grave an angels' choir.
                    You look to heaven, wonder why.
                    No one can see them in the sky.
                    Rammstein ~ Engel

I have a family ^.^,Wiro's my Brother,Crazy's my Mother,Hitman's my Father and Rannei's my Sister!

Comment

Nice thread!
                      Well...where to start...I realy don't know but I never registered b4 on any specific game forum,I thought it's just Time Wasting but when I joined GamersHood I dunno I had to register and it realy ROCKS so compliments again...Bye
                      Last edited by Hitman; 02-11-2007, 21:12:22.
                      Happy endings are just unfinished stories...

PandaMan

Elite member of the Looney Bin with ex wife "SimplyCrazy" and on-line kids "Wirodeu, Bread ...and Rannei"

sigpic

Comment

Ummmmmm so that i can play games???

Comment

to play games and for the forums!!!!
                          never trust someone who lies to you, never lie to someone who trusts you.

Comment

I rarely join forums unless they are specific to my interests, i make games (ok i try to!) but as a rule i don't pimp my work, i just sit back and hope someone will find em and like them. i personally only posted the game on 3 or 4 game creators forums

through sheer luck i guess, someone (can't remember who) found the game and posted a link, within 2 days totally wiped out my bandwdth lol

whether people actually like the game i dunno, but it was quite flattering the amount of interest it recieved

on arriving here i found there is lots of like minded people so decided to stick around

great site guys

Comment

Hmm

I was surfing the internet and sort of came across gamershood. I am glad I did! I love gamershood. Its the 1st thing i check when I gett one my PC. THEN my email. Gamershood is the best site I seen by far! Love it, love it , Love it!

Comment

Working...
                              X