Strange Facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maniac
    yes,i do think that teleportation is possible, ie , going from one place to another.
    This could be possible through distorting space,cuz we dont know much about the universe and the way its expanding means its creating space ie creating volume and mass.
    Thus we can hope for something great.
    Apparently scientists used something or other (forget ^.^) and were able to transport a sound into 2 different places for like 0.000001 of a second.

And for time travel,someone could run into themselves,and that would create a paradox...which is bad...
    Live in virtue no desire.
    And in the grave an angels' choir.
    You look to heaven, wonder why.
    No one can see them in the sky.
    Rammstein ~ Engel

I have a family ^.^,Wiro's my Brother,Crazy's my Mother,Hitman's my Father and Rannei's my Sister!

Comment

Originally posted by bread
      Apparently scientists used something or other (forget ^.^) and were able to transport a sound into 2 different places for like 0.000001 of a second.

And for time travel,someone could run into themselves,and that would create a paradox...which is bad...
      Well, yeah... I checked YouTube and I saw a realy good vid. A Guy expleined the Philadelphia Experment, how it went wrong
      You can hear about it here
      Happy endings are just unfinished stories...

PandaMan

Elite member of the Looney Bin with ex wife "SimplyCrazy" and on-line kids "Wirodeu, Bread ...and Rannei"

sigpic

Comment

Sorry, I had to make a new post to BUMP this thread

I think you all guys should check this page out: http://www.timetravelfund.com/

You're gonna ROFL !

PandaMan

Elite member of the Looney Bin with ex wife "SimplyCrazy" and on-line kids "Wirodeu, Bread ...and Rannei"

sigpic

Comment

Haha that's silly

I don't think time travel is possible or ever will be. You can't just move through time...
          Carrot Scientist of GamersHood Planet
          Night Owl of GamersHood Planet!
          1st GamersHood twins - Jenni and I!
          The Looney Bin Banner!

Comment

Electrogirl, you're a scientist, you should belive in these things
            Well, I don't think it's possible my self, but with all those Worm Holes, Black Holes, that makes me reconsider it

PandaMan

sigpic

Comment

Hehe well i'm more of a chemistry/biology scientist than a physicist. But i don't really see how it's possible.
              Carrot Scientist of GamersHood Planet
              Night Owl of GamersHood Planet!
              1st GamersHood twins - Jenni and I!
              The Looney Bin Banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Electrogirl
                Hehe well i'm more of a chemistry/biology scientist than a physicist. But i don't really see how it's possible.
                You just wait and see. It will be possible ... some day ()

PandaMan

sigpic

Comment

This thread got realy old so I decided it needed an update

Time Travel claims:

Andrew Carlssin

Chronovisor

Darren Daulton

John Titor

Time slipping:

A time slip (also called a timeslip) is an alleged paranormal phenomenon in which a person, or group of people, travel in time, without the aid of a time machine.

As with all paranormal phenomena, the objective reality of such experiences is disputed.

You can read about it here.

Gonna add more stuff soon . . .

PandaMan

sigpic

Comment

You know this is all very interesting and it is fun to think of these things and all the possible conspiracies going on at the same time. But if you ask me, that is all what they are - just conspiracies.

Conspiracy theories have several main points and basically all theories like this share them:
                    One aspect for example is the following:
                    There are individuals who claim to be very knowledgeable in the field and the only access to information that they will give you is mainly through the knowledge they have or someone else's experience.

For example, in that video with the youtube philly experiment, the man said that they change the codes every day and you need 48 hours to get the documents, by that time, they all have been changed. Therefore, he knows someone who knows CIA agents who gave the codes and he went to check it for himself.

In this way, he makes others dependent on his knowledge or of the knowledge "of a friend of a friend" etc. There is never a way to get the information on your own and the indefinite nature of conspiracy theories is what makes these the "conspiracy theories." It's a circular definition and you can't get anywhere.

Many of the theories that were talked about by people like Hawking most generally resulted out of finding an explanation for calculations that did not fit the general scheme of things. They came up with ideas such as worm holes and other phenomena to explain for other theoretical ideas. There are many things that start out as theories and I believe some people can take them too far.

Many of these theories are also fueled by "armchair" astrophysicists. Also, the deeper one goes into the conspiracy theories, the stranger and unrealistic the claims get. There are people making money off of many people who get too involved with these theories. Like that link that was posted to the travel fund - although we see it as a joke, there are many people who would treat it seriously.

I believe that it is enjoyable to think of these things, but personally, I don't find any practical basis in the theories
                    The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. - N. H.

Comment

Amber. You realy sound like a sceptic of the conspicaries but I don't blame you. I realy doubt them too but ... I'd love to see them happen

Anyway, it's time for an update. Check the first page

PandaMan

sigpic

Comment

That is very interesting RE: the levitation stuff. I'll have to go over it when I get a spare moment

I skimmed through it quickly and I read something about moving tons of stones. This video documents how a man can move a ton with a extremely simple device:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRRDzFROMx0

I know that people like the Mind Freak/Chris Angel guy try to make people believe that he also can levitate. The camera is always positioned behind him at a certain angle so that it doesn't show that he's only lifting up one leg and the heal of the other foot, but his toes stay on the ground.

There was also this other experiment that he did, but it actually was a dead give-away that he was using mirrors & it was proven also by looking closely at certain things in his "illusion." He was supposed to "disappear," but actually jumped behind the table & to hide him, there were mirrors. It's obvious that the spectators knew his "trick," were in on it, and pretended to be surprised. I'll have to find that video.

If he was using mirrors (which he was) then his "spectators" were definitely in on it too since in that actual context, it's impossible that the mirrors were put in the middle of the performance behind the table & they didn't notice.

But I still think there are a lot of unexplainable things. I'll look into that new thing you posted too!
                        The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. - N. H.

Comment

Nice links. Thanks for sharing them here. How ever did you get hold of these?

Comment

Did you know a catfish can swim upside down?

I believe I got that fact off the back of the Paradiso's kid sheet.

lol
                            Do the Dew

Comment

Originally posted by sarathy
                              Nice links. Thanks for sharing them here. How ever did you get hold of these?
                              Oh, just simple net surfing Glad you like them Visit from time to time, I'm going to update it soon

@ Amber - ...but it doesen't mean if that person's trick was an illusion that they all are. When you read into the thing I posted, you may find a lot of ''unexplainable things''.

PandaMan

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman
                                Well yeah,that would be nice(what am I talking, that would be GREAT) but How about if you could go back in time and be the witness of many important happenings, read what wikipedia wrote about time traveling, it's somehow possible by traveling faster than the speed of life thro' a worm hole or something like that
                                I belive and I don't in time-traveling but I'm obssesed with it
                                You know what I think? I think what is happening now affects the future and there is no way you can go back to the past but I still don't know
                                As for the : You would never meet the person you love, I agree but not going in the past or in the future maybe you would never meet a person you'd like to spend some time chatting
                                edit: would you like to go to the future and see what future holds us or maybe the Global Warming tore us apart
                                Do you watch doctor who !?!?!?!?!?!?!? CAUSE YOU SOUND LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Attached Files

I'm smilie mad
                                ENTER A GLOWING GATE TO FIND MOLE
                                MOLE OF THE LOONEY BIN.ELITE MOLE OF GFARDTO
                                Online sisters suzy
                                ~virgo~&zillah
                                long lost bro:hitman
                                MOM:nefertiti
                                DAD:party4ever
                                UNCLE:yorick
                                AUNTS:mcakkay&DIA

sigpic