The Demonata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Demonata

Don't know if anyone's heard about these books, but they're my favorites at this time. The Demonata is another name for demons, which this series is all about.

The author, Darren Shan, has earlier written a series like this about vampires, but this time chose Demons. It's a 10 book series, this far 8 of them are out.

The books are published (or on their way) in UK, Ireland, USA, Australia&New Zealand, Canada, Germany, Hungary, Japan, Taiwan, The Netherlands, Norway & probably more

The first book, Lord Loss, is about Grubbs Grady who comes home one night only to find hell unleashed in his parents' bedroom and his parents and sister killed by demons. He then moves in with his uncle, who's quite familiar with demons, magic and other worlds...

The second book, Demon thief, is about Kernel Fleck. The weird thing about Kernel is; he can see small patches of light all around in the air. One night he sits in his bedroom playing with the patches. They go together in a group and opens a window. Kernel goes in. That's the last thing he remembers before he wakes up on his bedroom floor with his baby brother by his side. According to his parents; they've been gone for a week!

Light, Camera, SLAWTER!
    This book is about Grubbs. His life is starting to settle down after the past horrible events. His uncle, tho, is having nightmares and is not his old self. One day a famous maker of scary movies comes to visit the Grady house. She invites Dervish, Grubbs and Bill-E to help her at the set of her new movie about demons. They accept, thinking this a great opportunity to get some change in their lives; only.. There's something not quite right with the demon dolls...

So if anyone's read or heard about these books: Wanna discuss? If you haven't read 'em: Go buy 'em NOW! Cos even if they're "Children's books" they're worth reading!

Lord Loss, Demon Thief, Slawter, Bec, Blood Beast, Demon Apocalypse, Death's Shadow & Wolf Island
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SimplyCrazy; 11-06-2008, 10:23:26.

Erh, hi guys! Long time no see

SnoedaIva is my GHFGNP Ik mis jou

*Crash* is the name of my cpu

Divorcee of Hitman, and the #1 GH-night owl

Insecurity is my worst enemy

Honey , You're scaring me
    Happy endings are just unfinished stories...

PandaMan

Elite member of the Looney Bin with ex wife "SimplyCrazy" and on-line kids "Wirodeu, Bread ...and Rannei"

sigpic

Comment

They're great books, honestly Scary, but great

Comment

I Luv Theses Books Ive Read All Of Dem I Had Noooo Idea U Liked Them My Favs Is Slawter!!!!
        :scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch:

Comment

So do I! Really nice to get to someone else who likes 'em too Personally I love Bec, but Slawter's great, no doubt

Ehr, embarassed to ask, but are you a Shanster?!

Comment

yes i am a shanster ive read ALL of his books even the vampire 1s
            :scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch:

Comment

Hey you two? Are you talking Lilliputtish What is a Shanster?
              Happy endings are just unfinished stories...

PandaMan

Elite member of the Looney Bin with ex wife "SimplyCrazy" and on-line kids "Wirodeu, Bread ...and Rannei"

sigpic

Comment

A Shan-fan Go away, you non-believer! (j/k)

@GHRock: Cool I haven't read the vampire ones yet, but I think I will when I'm done with demons I'm so glad I found these books Darren is so great!

Comment

yea he is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o cool

Comment

I can't wait till june! Blood beast I can't believe he's keeping us on a cliffhager, though And the 6th book doesn't come out till october That'll be hard...

Comment

i know i wanna know what happens to kernel and bernabus i do, i mean grubbs is good but there putting him in too much

Comment

Yeh... I wish Bec hadn't died aswell... She was about the only female character I liked

Comment

lol yea

Comment

The 5th book - Blood Beast came out in june, haven't read it yet, but I can't wait! The next book still has no title, I think, but is coming out real soon!

Comment

has anyone here read blood beast? *spoiler* Juni and lord loss! o_o

I really want to talk about juni's treachory
                              Hav luv 4 all ya'll shansters!!! Muah
                              Commandments to survive as a darren shan character

10: avoid being alone with demons
                              9: avoid being a minor character
                              8: don't be afraid to sacrifice others
                              7: don't make deals with demons
                              6: Be depressed lots
                              5: don't feel emotions
                              4: don't break down
                              3: be powerful

2: don't get into deadly fights
                              1: intelligence is key
                              [/SIZE]

Comment