No announcement yet.

How to make a Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw a post like this in your tutorial, But I thought they may be a way exactly like this but for use of rooms, but thank you I will update my game now it seems to be coming on pretty decent

For the inventory part it was mainly because it has So much black left going >> That way and VV That way.
    Is there anyway to change the size of the screen in-game?

Posted this in adventure maker one to, also is there any way so I dont have to drag the items but so I can click them and then click where I want it to go?

Comment

• Replied to the same post of yours on the AM Forums.

Comment

• Game Maker for Mac??

Anyone know of a good program for Mac?

Comment

• Hi Keesto,
          I haven't looked specifically for programs for Mac yet since I have Windows, but here you find some info:

http://developer.apple.com/games/gameenginesonmac.html

http://members.aol.com/AlStaff/macgamecreator.html

And in this list, you find game maker software for different platforms:
          http://www.ambrosine.com/resource.html

Comment

• Thanks M. I'll look into these and let all know what I find out.

Comment

• Okay, good luck

Comment

• @ Keesto

Try using Adobe Flash CS3. Make sure you use mac version
                If you are trying to make a really good quality game with 3D effects, special effects, motion features, and stuff like that then get Adobe Premium Suite 3 for Mac. It comes with photoshop, flash, acrobat 8, dreamwaver, illustrator, and inDesign.

<<Removed content.
                Excerpt from our rules:
                ****ography or any other illegal content or actions (stolen contents, viruses etc.) will not be tolerated, and dealt with strictly.
                Promoting illegal downloads is therefore strictly forbidden>>
                Last edited by Mistery; 06-14-2008, 21:41:13. Reason: Removed content
                Hi there. I can't put pictures in my signature

Comment

• make a game

Steelers- Thanks. I actually already have all that stuff from work! I just need to devote some time to teaching myself flash I guess. I've never needed it before, but I'd like to learn it. Luckily, Adobe has some pretty good video tutorials online. Can't wait.......

--
                  Mistery,
                  Thanks for the info. I looked through those lists pretty thoroughly. Man, for a bunch of software developers, there's a lot of really crappy websites out there. Unfortunately, of the links that worked, and were for MAC, most were either solely for platform, RPG/adventure, or text adventure games...

The selection on Windows is much larger. Makes me wish I had 2 computers!

that Torque Game builder looks interesting, though $250. (30 day free trial for windows only!...)

Thanks Again!
                  Last edited by Keesto; 06-16-2008, 05:57:40. Reason: very poor spelling

Comment

• Yes, I think that the selection for Windows is bigger. But if you take some time, maybe you can find more software for point-and-click games for MAC. Sometimes such software is not listed at many places, and you have to find it somehow, lol.

If I see something I'll add it to the first post of this thread, which I'm updating from time to time anyway when I find something: http://gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3575

Comment

• How can I create my own game?

You take on the role of a cop who must end the city riots. I don't want to go into too much detail about the game, but do I have to draw out the background and characters? How can I put all the buttons? What is this actionscript thing? Can you give me a link to download it? What else is there I need to know, I don't have much flash knowledge.
                      Help the snail. Put him in your signature. Help achieve a slow world domination!

/ /
                      L_L_
                      / \
                      |00 | _______
                      |_/ | / ___ \
                      | | / / \ \
                      | |_____\ \_ / /
                      \ \____/ /_____
                      \ _______________/______\....................

Comment

• Well, it's not easy to answer your question.
                        Please read this thread for general information about game creation:
                        http://gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3575

You need to pick a software/game engine that you are going to use for your game.
                        Note that there are many different game creation tools: for different game genres (point and click, arcade, FSP, flash etc.), for different budgets (free to very expensive), for different programming knowledge etc. These are of course also important criteria how you choose the program that you will use.

And depending on the program that you're going to use, you will need to create your game differently.
                        But yes, of course, you will need to create the backgrounds and characters, and probably learn some scripting depending on the software that you use

Comment

• It's difficult

I think y should give a lot of stress to the brain.Just use short methods. Click on the browser and just explore whatever you wn on gaming....
                          Free Games,free online games,play free online games

Comment

Working...
                          X