The Wolf & The Islander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wolf & The Islander

"Becky" the forbidden forest wolf woke up early that morning. She hadn't slept for many nights because of the fear of being attacked by other wolves. It was a full moon last night. Her transformation was complete and she was stronger than an ordinary wolf. The forest had become more and more dangerous for her since the other wolves had found out that Becky was not an ordinary wolf but a "Werewolf".
    That morning Becky made up her mind about leaving the forest and looking for some other place to live. She set out on her journey after finding something to eat. She had no clue where she was going to go but she had no choice. She walked for many hours. She was tired and wanted to rest. The sky turned to an orange shade. The sun was about to set. She could hear the sound of an ocean near by.
    "Just a little bit more Becky," she said to herself. She jumped on the tree stump and climbed a tiny sand mountain. The ocean was in sight. She ran towards the ocean and touched the cold ocean waves.
    "This looks like an island" she said to herself again. There was noone else around. She decided to spend the night there.
    All trace of sunlight disappeared. Moonlight glittered across the water and stars twinkled in the sky. She walked to the nearest stone and stretched herself and yawned. Her eyes felt heavy. The clouds gracefully dimmed the brilliant moonlight. She was falling into a deep sleep.....
    Hours later the rumbling sound in her stomach woke her up. She slowly opened her eyes. The sun was shining in the sky. She looked around and was frightened to see someone sitting beside her.
    Becky pulled out her ears and narrowed her eyes, her tail pointed straight out, parallel to the ground. She looked at the person in suspicion.
    After a few moment her expression changed and she flattened her ears against her head. This was a clear sign that she was defending herself. "Ahhh..." the person screamed and started to run. It took a while for Becky to understand what had just happened. Becky transformed herself into a human form.
    "Hey...you...wait." Becky ran behind her. The person continued to run. Becky ran faster and grabbed the person from the back and dropped her on the sand.
    The person closed her eyes tigthly and pleaded.."Please, don't hurt me."
    I...am..so sor...sor..ry.. becky said panting. The person opened her eyes and was relieved that she wasn't going to be attacked by the wolf.
    "Where did that wolf go? asked the person
    "I'm the wolf. *she paused*. I'm a werewolf." Becky kept her gaze fixed on the sand to avoid eye contact with the person..
    "Errrr..nice to meet you? I am Lilliputt. Welcome to Carrot Island." Lilliputt said in happiness.
    "Lilliputt what happened. I heard your scre....... And who are you?" said the other girl who came running towards Lilliputt.
    "Ummm..I am Becky" said Becky still avoiding eye contact with the girls.
    "She is a werewolf HollandGirl" said Lilliputt in excitement
    "A what? A werewolf" said HollandGirl who looked very perplexed with the information she just got about the stranger.

Story to be continued by Lilliputt
    Cℓĭck Here to pℓαγ "Tђє First Door"
    tђє мost cђαℓℓєηgĭηg oηℓĭηє qυєst.

"We don't stop playing games because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing games"
    sigpic

Chapter 2

Lilliputt weighed her options. Being brave was not her thing but the lady in front of her seemed like a nice person and not frightening after all. “Do you like carrots?” Lilliputt said because she had no idea how to talk to a werewolf. Miss Holland smiled as she knew this to be a typical question of Lilliputt, when she didn’t really know what else to say. “She means “are you hungry?”. Uhm, I haven’t seen you around here, where are you from?” miss Holland said more to the point. Becky shook her head, the two characters seemed very different. The one that had a strong scent of horse seemed very straightforward, and the other, the small one seemed, well, a little pitiful. “I’m from the forest”, Becky said frankly still trying not to look the girls straight in the eye. “What forest?” miss Holland asked “ the Ever Dazed Forrest?”. Becky had never heard the name but since it seemed important to the girl she said she didn’t know. As far as she could tell however it was a strange environment to her, the atmosphere seemed different. Becky remembered that she walked into a bright space and somehow ended up here. As she explained this to the girls they both started to nod and then Lilliputt said “you used a portal and ended up here.” Becky had to take this in. It meant she didn’t really know how she got here or if she could ever get back to the forest that had been her home for as long as she could remember. “I’m sorry I can’t help you”, miss Holland said in concern, “but I really have to get back and prepare Twinkle, my horse, for a ride. I hope you will enjoy staying with us here on Carrot Island, Becky”. And so miss Holland left Lilliputt with the confused werewolf. “Here”, said Lilliputt and offered Becky a carrot, “try it.” Becky took the carrot from the strange little person and thanked her. It had been a while since she had anything to eat so she started bit of a piece and started to chew in thought. Surprisingly, the carrot did have a way of gathering her thoughts and calmly ponder on her situation. “Do you know how to get back to your forest?”, Lilliputt quietly asked while taking a seat on a nearby log. She motioned for Becky to sit near to her. “I don’t think so”, Becky said, “but I really am looking for a new place to live. How is that Ever Dazed Forrest like?”. Lilliputt smiled and said “I’ll gladly show ya, but ya gotta be carefull because OneBun has holes that are covered in leaves and your foot can get stuck in them.” “Oh”, said Becky, “who is OneBun?”. “A pink bunny taking notes”, Lilliputt said plainly. Becky had to take this in. She actually did know a pink bunny or so she thought, but that it could have a name never really occurred to her. “I see”, Becky said because she didn’t know what else to say. “Then of course there is Mistery, the alien with the space ship. At this Becky nearly had a piece of the carrot stuck in her throat. She caught and got tears in her eyes, so Lilliputt tried to help her. “There now”, she said, “you really should try and swallow gently even if you are very hungry.” Finally Becky could catch her breath and nodded to Lilliputt that she was all right. The islander mistook this as a sign for her to go on so she said. “Well, there is also Escape, the talking cat, and of course Adventure that transforms into a butterfly. Oh, and you must meet Bread, he is very funny, and Darknight the bat hero”. Becky had to take a moment to eye the strange islander girl, forgetting that she really should not look anyone in the eye. As she did that Lilliputt exclaimed, “YOUR EYES! They are yellow! That is soooo coooool!” and then smiled in surprise and excitement. Becky was taken aback. She always knew her eyes made people scared of her, but here she was with this odd little character that not only didn’t mind them but also thought them cool. She decided that this Lilliputt might not be altogether bonkers and said, “maybe you can show me this Ever Dazed Forrest.” Lilliputt agreed and so they went on their way to explore the great forest of Carrot Island, were the trees are tall and the sun beams casts a dim light over the green forest mat. Struck by the beauty of the woods, Becky could not but think of any other place she would rather be. “You like it, don’t you?”, Lilliputt said and smiled. “Over there is Google Mountains, with the Wiki caverns. I am almost sure there is a treasure hidden inside but so far I’ve been to afraid to go there alone.” She paused and ogled Becky carefully, “and if you follow this trail you’ll end up at Yahoo Falls. It really is an amazing sight, and close to it is the portal to the GH Hotel.” Yet another pause, while she started to look around, “well, you have seen the Great Carrot Fields, they are almost impossible to miss, and then there is The Butterfly Meadows where lilies bloom.” Becky was happy to have a guide with her, which so eagerly wanted to share her knowledge of the island geography. “Do you know if there is a pit anywhere for me to make a home out of?”, she said curiously. “Uhm, well, that would probably be close to the caverns”, Lilliputt said on so the two started off to find a pit for Becky. It was not hard, there were plenty of choices actually, but Becky finally picked one that actually was on top of some rocks and from the edge of it was a view of the woods and partly the falls as well. As the days went by Becky had made her self quite comfortable, but she lacked her wolf company. She had made good friends with both Lilliputt and miss Holland, she had even met OneBun the pink bunny that took notes the whole time they first met. Mistery the alien had paid her a visit and greeted her in a very odd way. She kept smiling all the time. One day, when she met Lilliputt, she told her about the wolfs that she missed. “Oh, is that all?”, Lilliputt said, “don’t worry, Mistery can make clones for you.” Then Becky had to explain that she really wanted to go back and see if there really wasn’t anything she could do to make her wolf friends except her. The problem was of course that she didn’t know where she had come from. “No, problem”, Lilliputt reassured her, ”sir Theme and Mistery will have that figured out in no time”. The vote of confidence calmed Becky down, it did however take some time for the alien and the humanoid robot to figure it out. Eventually they did and so the two friends, Becky and Lilliputt were sent back to the forest where Becky had come from. This time Becky had the watchful eye of an alien in a space ship with her, and a little carefree Carrot Islander by her side. She was not alone.

The next chapter to be continued by Eternal Becky
    Last edited by Lilliputt; 10-28-2006, 03:01:05.

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

Chapter 3

They were in the forest once again. "The Forbidden Forest".... a forest where the night was the darkest and the most scariest. The feeling of coming back to the forest was worrying Becky. She wanted to tell her new friend how she became a werewolf but she was waiting for the right moment. She seemed very comfortable with Lilliputt. Her jokes always made Becky laugh. Becky knew she could trust her. After all she was the first person who didn't get afraid by looking into Becky's eyes when others fled. She liked living in the "Ever Dazed forest". She got herself a room too in the GamersHood Hotel so that she could live there when she was normal. She missed her friend Dazed. She still remembered the day when Lilliputt, Becky and Dazed had gone for a picnic near Yahoo Falls, thats when Becky told them that she was a vegetarian wolf. At this Lilliputt could not control her laughter and fell into the water. "A vegerarian Wolf ahhh hahahah." It was so hard to get her out of the lake. Mistery the alien always came to visit her in her new den. Onebun was the cutiest pink bunny she had seen, who always popped out from one of the holes with a notepad in ever dazed forest.......
      Becky laughed "What happened Becky"said Lilliputt in confusion. "Nothing, I just remembered the day you feel in the water"
      "I hope you don't have any falls here" said Lillputt winking at Becky
      The forbidden forest gave her the creeps but she knew this is where she belonged. This was her home. Becky and Lilliputt headed deeper into the forest. Lilliputt didn't know where they were going, but she followed Becky without complaining. It was a sign of how much Lilliputt trusted her. It was getting darker and darker. After walking for sometime a house came into view. The house was very small with a little garden. They halted in front of the house.
      "This is my house Lilliputt"
      "Your house? Wow Becky this is just amazing" said Lilliputt with excitement.
      Becky had left behind everything she owned. Inside the house there was just a small bed with a table, a cupboard and a little kitchen.
      "It's small I know" said Becky
      "No it's beautiful. It's sad that you had to leave everything. Ummm....Becky I was just wondering if you could tell me more about yourself, Especially about..." said Lilliputt with hesitation.
      "How did I become a werewolf."
      Lilliputt didn't know how to react. She took a seat on the bed and Becky started to explain her...
      "I never knew I was like this. I was just like every other girl but then suddenly I started to feel strange. I just couldn't control my anger. Everything was going out of hands. When I first transformed I just could not believe what was happening to me. Living in the city was not good for me and others. I would never wanna hurt anyone so I had to lock myself up in my house and one day I decided to move to this forest. Away from everyone. I have been living here for quiet sometime now but the other wolves know about me. They know I am not an ordinary wolf"
      During the whole converstaion Becky didn't face Lilliputt but when she lifted her head she saw Lilliputt crying.
      "I am really sorry to hear this Becky. But don't worry we will make sure that you will live here with honour" said Lilliputt wiping her tears and assured Becky.
      They knew they had a hard task ahead of them. Convincing the wolves would not be an easy job. They were just too many. A few days went by......
      One evening Lilliputt was sitting in the garden looking at the wonderful sky. A blanket of black clouds made sure that not a single star was visible in the sky. A glimpse of the moon came into view once in a while in between the black clouds.
      Becky felt restless for some reason. "Lilliputt come back inside. " said Becky in a firm voice.
      "But Becky it's so peaceful here. Look at the pretty view"
      Just then Becky noticed a wolf hiding behind a tree near the house. He looked like the leader of the pack. Becky noticed that the wolf had his eyes fixed upon Lilliputt.
      "Lilliputt it's getting dark, come inside" said Becky in a worried tone. Lilliputt comes in the house and Becky locks the door.
      The nezt evening Becky sees two wolves lurking around the house. Becky didn't know what they wanted. But she knew they were here for Lilliputt. That night Becky could not sleep at all. While Lilliputt was fast asleep Becky opened the door and went outside. Lilliputt was not aware that it was full moon that night. In the darkness Becky could see the eyes of the wolves glittering in the moonlight. There we many of them but Becky was not afraid of them because she had transformed into a wolf and she was stronger than them.
      "Ahhhhh Whoooooo" howled the leader. The other wolves surrounded Becky.
      "What do you want" said Becky which sounded like a howl
      "We want the human that is in your house" said the leader
      Becky could not believe what she heard. Why did they want Lilliputt?
      "We will welcome you in our pack if you give us the human. Think about it. Give us the human and you will be one of us." said the leader
      Hours later....
      Becky was still standing there stunned when the pack had already left long ago. She wanted to be one of them but on the other side she couldn't betray her friend who had come all the way from Carrot island with her. What could she possibly do. She didn't want to return home just in case if Lilliputt woke up she would get scared to see a werewolf, so she headed towards a hill. She sat there on the cliff, thinking about what to do and fell asleep. Early in the morning she returned back home making sure that Lilliputt was still asleep.....

The next chapter to be continued by Lilliputt

sigpic

Comment

Chapter 4

…and so tried to sneak past her bed into the kitchen. At the door she froze as she realised she was not alone. In the kitchen the carefree little islander just made herself some coffee. ”Good morning, dear” she said in that cheerful voice that Becky had gotten more and more used to having around,” would you like some coffee?” she said and smiled, pouring some of the black drink into a pink cup. Obviously a wolf had some problems drinking from a cup and when Becky pointed that out, Lilliputt simply poured the coffee from the cup onto a plate. “There you go”, she said. Becky had no idea how to react to this, here she was in her wild wolf form, with her frantic staring eyes and big sharp teeth and the little islander just, well, stood there. It was a mistery to her why she would not run away screaming, but then the Carrot Islander did have a very unusual way of handling herself. With all this in mind she took a slurp of the warm coffee. It tasted good, but then she knew it would from the visits to her friends hut. Becky only knew of two things that her friend could cook: coffee and carrots. Whenever Lilliputt tried to prepare anything else it always turned in to an experiment. Thankfully she had so far not blown up anything. “I have baked some Bread in the oven”, Lilliputt said cheerfully just as a very unpleasant smell filled the room. “Ooops”, the islander exclaimed and hurried to the oven. Two black badly smelling chunks of what looked like coal was all she could save. “Uhm, maybe you would like a carrot instead?” she said in that odd positive way she used when things went a little crazy. Normally coffee and carrots was not Beckys ideal breakfast, on the other hand she didn’t want to hurt her friends feelings so she growled a “yes”. Lilliputt still did not seem to notice the dramatic change of Beckys appearance so again she tried to make it clear that she was now a wolf. “I know that, a hairy one too, I might add”. The remark made little sense since Becky was of course covered in fur, but she tried not to laugh. Instead she asked Lilliputt to have a seat, and Lilliputt did, but daybreak was near and Becky was slowly transforming again. She turned and twisted as the wolf like features slowly reversed into human form. It was a painful process, Becky had no idea how many hours went by but then she was lying in Lilliputts arms, resting peacefully while the islander gently stroked her hair. “You really need ta work on your transformations, dear friend” she said softly, “you almost scared me with all da howlings and screaming and what not. Almost through the entire mornin’ ya kept makin’ a racket, so I tried ta calm you down. Then you just collapsed in my arms.” All the while Lilliputt was saying this Becky enjoyed getting pampered and felt very relaxed. Then it hit her. The wolf pack, the leader, what had been said and LILLIPUTT! What was she to do? Suddenly she rose to her feet and stared at Lilliputt with a frightened look. “What’s the matter?” Lilliputt said in surprised “you look like you have seen a ghost?” So Becky simply blurted out the whole story, not leaving out anything. Lilliputt sat and waited patiently for Becky to finish then got to her own two feet and said lightly, “oh, well I suppose we need more than a carrot to solve that one.” Because the situation was so grave and the remark so incredibly silly Becky had to laugh and so she did, very loudly. Lilliputt simply smiled and said, “oh, good, the solution to the problem should be here any minute now. Ah, told you” she looked behind Beckys legs and said “hello, OneBun, good ta see ya”. Becky swung around to see the pink bunny taking notes. “Would you like some coffee, though I believe it’s a bit cold now”, Lilliputt said politely. OneBun did not need any coffee and had her seringe in hand, well paw, ready to inject Becky. “I don’t think she really needs it”, Lilliputt explained, “but I do need to ask for your help”. At this the pink bunny lost interest in Becky because of the chance that she could get a tasty carrot from the islander. Lilliputt whispered a plan in OneBuns ear and then the pink bunny giggled a bit, agreed and took her carrot. Poof, and she was gone. Things were happening so fast that Becky had trouble keeping up. “What was that all about?”, she asked in confusion. “That was our solution”, the islander answered and started to prepare some more coffee. “To night you are going to tell the wolf pack that they can have me, but they have to solemnly swear to you that they will take you back.” Becky gasped for air in shock, “but they will…well you know….they are always hungry”, she said incredulously. “Oh, yes,” Lilliputt said gravely, “they really ought to try carrots.” Then she explained her plan and the wolf laughed and agreed that it was an interesting plan. “You have to understand, Mistery the alien is watching, nothing bad will happen to me I promise.”
        In the midnight hour the two friends went to see the pack of wolfs, their leader licking his mouth while eyeing Lilliputt as though she was a juicy carrot. “The human has come”, Becky announced with a deep frightening growl, “as agreed you can have her if you solemnly swear that I am welcomed back to the pack.” The wolfs howled and licked their mouths while circling around the two friends. The leader motioned for Lilliputt to step forward. “Not until I have your word!”, Becky intervened. The leader agreed and Lilliputt stepped forward. The leader leaped at Lilliputt but just as he was about to tear her to pieces she disappeared, and where she had stood was only a hole. “What is this?” the leader roared. “You agreed that if you can have Lilliputt I could return, but if you cannot KEEP her, well, that is not MY problem.” The wolfs then realised they had been tricked into a trap. “You are a clever one”, the leader said viciously, “but I will keep my word. You have shown bravery to us and loyalty to your friend. That is commendable. You will hereby be known as Rebecca the Valiant Wolf”, and to this the pack howled.
        “Thanks OneBun”, Lilliputt said as she wiped off some dirt from her clothes. “You are welcome dear”, OneBun said while taking notes of the event “….the Vaaaaliiiant…..Wooolf”, she said in thought. “What is that you got there?”, Lilliputt asked. “Hmmm…? Oh, that”, Onebun said without paying too much attention, “it’s a thing I found around here. Thought I’ll just borrow it.” “It looks ancient you know OneBun”, Lilliputt said in carefully. “Oh, well yes, so it seems…”,said OneBun drifting off.
        The next morning Becky was very happy because she had been welcomed back to her pack and she did not have to worry about Lilliputt anymore. “Uhm, OneBun kinda borrowed something last night”. “What did she borrow?”, Becky asked curiously. “It looked ancient, so well I dunno”, Lilliputt said while looking worried. “There is a site nearby”, maybe we should take a look. After a delicious breakfast that Becky prepared they went to the ancient site. It was incredible, the ruins, the fallen statues and the old worn road. As the wandered into the ruins, Lilliputt had a feeling they were being watched.

Last edited by Lilliputt; 10-28-2006, 03:00:43.

STILL struddling

sigpic

Comment

Chapter 5

Becky and Lilliputt were amazed to see the ruins. It was wonderful. Hundreds of statue could be seen. Some of the statues were completely destroyed and fallen in a state of disrepair. This site looked like it was deliberately destroyed.
          "Lilliputt these must be over a thousand years old." said Becky looking carfully at a fallen statue.
          Lilliputt wasn't listening to Becky, she stared at one of the statue without blinking. Becky watched her stare at a white marble statue. It looked quite different from the other statues. It was beautifully carved. It was a statue of a couple. The man's left foot was forward while the woman's feet were together.
          "Becky, there is someone behind that statue." Lilliputt uttered the words in a whisper. "I saw something moving behind that statue." Lilliputt pointed towards the marble statue.
          They walked towards the statue very carefully. Becky took a few steps closer to the statue and spoke out loud.
          "Who's there?" noone replies. She took a few more steps towards the statue not knowing who she will face.......But there was noone there.
          "Lilliputt there is noone here."
          "I swear, Becky. I saw a shadow." Lilliputt said in a disbelief.
          Becky looked around and she sees a thick greasy liquid on the ground. She bends down to touch it.
          "What is it Becky?" asked Lilliputt in astonishment
          "It's oil?? How did it get here?"
          Gray clouds fill the sky completely and it starts to rain.
          "Lets go home for now. We can come back later." said Lilliputt and they head back home.
          In the night, Becky and Lilliputt feel very disturbed because of the whole incident. Many questions go through their minds. Silenece filled the house. The only sound that could be heard was of the thunder and the rain dripping from the roof. After a long time both of them fall into an uneasy sleep.

Lilliputt and Becky wake up early the next morning. But their eyes feel heavy. Becky prepered coffee and sat on the table next to Lilliputt. She pours coffee in the two mugs on the table and hands one to Lilliputt.
          "We need to go back to the ruins." Becky said siping some coffee.
          "What?" said Lilliputt as she puts down her mug in a shock. She almost spills the coffee on the table.
          "Yes we need to, there is no other way. We need to find out where that oil came from. I have a feeling that there's something fishy going on around here."
          "Yeah Becky. I am sure I saw something. There was someone who was following us. Someone is keeping an eye on us" said Lilliputt
          Becky and Lilliputt gets ready quickly and head back to the ruins. Once they reached there, they started to look around.
          "Becky the oil has been washed out because of the rain last night but I am sure this was the statue where you had seen the oil!!!"
          "Yes this was the statue. This is the only couple statue here."
          They walk closer to the statue when suddenly something emerge from behind the statue and the girls scream loudly and close their eyes.
          "It's me girls..."
          "ThemePark!!!!! What are you doing here" said Becky who was shocked to see ThemePark in the forbidden forest.
          "How did you get here and why do you look so scared" asked Lilliputt who was equally scared and confused.
          "I don't know what to say but there is something wrong back in the Carrot Island and the GH hotel. I am sure its because of the ancient object that Onebun got from this forest." said ThemePark.
          Becky and Lilliputt look at each other as confused as ever.
          ThemePark starts to explain...
          "When Onebun returned from the forest she told us that Becky was welcomed in the pack. We all were so happy. When OneBun and I were alone, she showed me the object she got from the forest. It looked like an ancient box with some weird symbols. She told me that she hasn't opened it yet. Before I could tell her it could be dangerous, she just opened it. I couldn't do anything. There was a blinding light that spread across the carrot island and something shot up in the sky from the box. It exploded in the sky and moments later everything turned back to normal. But it didn't seem normal. I don't know what happened but when I asked Onebun where she got it from she couldn't remember anything. Everyone has been acting strange ever since that box was opened. No one remembers who they are. They have lost their memory. Luckily it didn't work on me maybe because I am a robot. I figured out that Onebun must have got it from the forest. I came here to look for you two and tell you about it. I was hiding from you both as I thought you must have lost your memory as well. Onebun, Mistery, HollandGirl, EscapeGirl and everyone else have no clue who they are and what are they doing. But you both seem to be not affected by it's strange powers."
          "I need to go back to carrot island as they need me. But now its upto you, Becky and Lilliputt you have to solve this mystery. I wish you good luck." said Themepark as he hugged Lilliputt and Becky and waved goodbye.
          "Becky this is not good at all" said Lilliputt who broke down in tears.
          "Lilliputt, please don't cry. You know we both can do it. We will do anything to get everything back to normal. But crying is not going to help dear friend. We have to be strong. We will find a way out of this"
          Lilliputt and Becky hugged each other.
          "We have to split, Lilliputt. You go that side and I will search over there."
          "Great...but how to we call each other if we find something?" asked Lilliputt.
          "Good question". said Becky
          Just then the leader of the wolf pack came towards them. Lilliputt and Becky looked at each other and knew they have found a companion. Becky explained the whole situation to the wolf. The leader was more than happy to help them.
          "Lilliputt he is going with you. If you find something let him know and he will howl."
          "Ahhh wait you are saying that he is coming with me." said Lilliputt who was actually scared of the feeling to walk with a wolf. But she had no choice as Mistery and OneBun had lost their memories too and it was only upto Becky and Lillputt to get everything back to normal.
          "Ok the wolf is coming with me. I am going to be all alone with a furious wolf.....but.. I trustttt Becky and Becky trusts the wolf so I will be fine.....fingers crossed" said Lilliputt mumbling but Becky heard her and couldn't help but laugh at her.
          "Ready to split Lilliputt" said Becky as cheerful as possible.
          "Yes, I am ready...Come on wolf." said Lilliputt and they parted.
          Lilliputt and the wolf walked for a long time. By now Lilliputt was comfortable with the wolf. At the very end of the road, Lilliputt saw a huge entrance with weird symbols on it. The gate didn't seem to be locked. She pushed the door and it opened wide. She guessed that it must have been opened by OneBun. It was not very dark inside. It looked like some secret passage which might lead to some place they are totally unaware of. She decided to call for Becky instead of exploring it by herself. She turned to the wolf and gave him a sign. The wolf howled.
          They waited by the gate for Becky to arrive.
          Becky came panting.. "I didn't find anything. There are just destroyed statues everywh....wow..look what we have here" said Becky looking at the discovery made by Lilliputt. "Great job."
          "Yeah" said Lilliputt blushing "And its already opened by someone, maybe by Onebun."
          "Lets take a look inside. Thanks a lot for your help wolf" said Becky to the wolf and he went away.
          It wasn't dark inside as the roof of the passage was almost missing. The sunrays lightened the passage. When the passage ended, they entered a room. It was a huge room and there were statues lined up to the left and right side of the room. In the middle of the room there was a tombstone and on the tombstone laid a chest with some symbols on it.
          Becky and Lilliputt went closer to the chest to know what the symbols were.
          "Becky this looks very ancient"
          "I think I know what this is. It's an ancient egyptian hieroglyphs.
          "Can you read it then?" said Lilliputt with excitement.
          "Yes, I can but I will need a little time to translate it. I haven't done this in years."
          "Ohh take your time. Till then I will just look around and see if I can find something." said Lilliputt examining a statue very carefully.
          "Lilliputt do you think if you look at the statue for a while it might do some trick." said Becky
          They both started to laugh.
          "Get back to work Becky" said Lilliputt
          And Becky started to translate the writing...
          "I wonder why hieroglyphs is craved on this chest. I mean... this is the language of the Egyptians...Ok this one here looks like H....Hmm. What's this symbol here...Ohhh...."said Becky and she got busy solving the script.
          Meanwhile Lilliputt examined the room. There were a lot of painting on the wall which looked like they had been carved on the wall itself. It was facinating. There were two small statues near a wall.
          "Why would anyone want to destroy this place" said Lilliputt resting her elbow on one of the statue to take a closer look at the painting. The head of the statue turned. The ground moved with a silent swish.
          "Umm Be.c..k..." Within seconds Lilliputt disappeared to the other side and a solid wall stood back there.
          "Got it. YES. Lilliputt I have translated it. It says "HE..WHO.. DISTURBS.. US.. WILL.. LOSE... THEIR.... *gulp*... MEMORY"
          Becky turned back to see Lillputt wasn't there.
          "Lilliputt....where are you......Lilliputt...please don't play games with me.....where are you"

The next chapter to be continued by Lilliputt

sigpic

Comment

Chapter 6

With fear in her eyes and helpless screams Lilliputt fell down in the dark hole trying to reach out for anything that would break the fall. Somehow she got hold of a root or a rope, too dark to tell really only it broke but at least she was close to a surface when it broke. She tried to gather herself, as she hit the stony ground and found that nothing was really broken just a lot of bruising and some scratches. It was an odd place to fall on. As she rose to her feet she thought she found something on the ground, looked around and found the flashlight that she had dropped while falling. It needed some adjustment but Lilliputt got it to work and could then have a look around. When her eyes got used to the dark she realised that some light were slipping into the cave like room she was in. She also noticed that she had not fallen to the ground but seemed to be on something very large…like a very big statue. It seemed she was on the shoulder of the statue and climbing down it was obvious it must have been some ancient deity, a God of some sort. When Lilliputt finally reached the ground and could look at the statue she was baffled by how similar it looked to a wolf. Unsure of what to do next she cried out loud “BEEEEEEECKY? CAN YOU HEAR ME?”, but the cry only echoed into silence.
            Becky thought it strange that Lilliputt would leave her like that and started to look around for clues while shouting “Lilliputt, if this is a game it’s not funny!! Please come out!” but there was no response so Becky started to sniff around to see if there was any scent left of the islander. As she got close to where Lilliputt must have been standing she was astonished that it seemed her friend had vanished into thin air. She decided that there must be a trap door somewhere near and started to look for something that would open the door. As she poked around the statues she must have pushed something because a door opened so she carefully entered. It was very dark but it had really no effect on Becky, her eyesight was always very sharp even if there was only very little light. Suddenly she discovered that it seemed to be some kind of stars only there were no steps. Even more carefully she made her way a little further into the darkness only to discover that it was very slippery and so she slipped and fell downhill in an accelerating speed. “WHOAAAAAAAA!” she cried as she went through the narrowing tunnel. Even if the situation was very serious she couldn’t help but find it fun to slide through the tunnel in high speed. Becky the Valiant had no fear of this adventure and thought that somewhere at the end of the tunnel she should be able to find Lilliputt.
            There really wasn’t much point for Lilliputt to stand and scream at deaf walls, so she started to sing a snake song hoping that she might find a friend who could help her find Becky. It didn’t take long before there was a sharp hissing sound behind Lilliputt that made her turn to find a big snake staring at her with cold black eyes. Lilliputt knew it was trying to scare her but it didn’t make that big an impression on her. She greeted the snake in snake language and so the snake perplexed by the idea that a human could communicate with her motioned for Lilliputt to have a seat. Lilliputt than began to explain the whole story to the snake who listened very carefully and only interrupted here and there for a few questions. When Lilliputt finished the snake said it would help to look for Becky or see if any of her brethren knew of the werewolf’s whereabouts. And so the snake motioned for Lilliputt to come along and together they walked off deeper into the cave.
            Finally Becky reached the end of the tunnel and landing on her behind with a loud “OOOOUUUFF!!”, she gathered herself and looked around the cave. It seemed more like an abandoned cathedral like hall, in a very bad shape with spider web everywhere. It was obvious that it was an old sanctuary that for some reason had been hidden under the ground. Amazed at the sight of the unfamiliar environment Becky walked carefully further along a stone paved path, her senses kept sharp so that she would not miss a sound or anything that could move. There was however a familiar scent around this path, a scent she could never be wrong about. As unlikely as it may have seemed she smelled wolf. There were some spider webs but not the kind that Slurp Spiders usually make, these seemed small and harmless but never the less added to the feeling that she had ended up in an abandoned sacred shrine. The stony pillars were impressively high, carved it seemed in one piece with beautiful patterns she had never seen before. There were statues and some sort of seats, an old alter further down carved in a different material, ivory perhaps. It was also uncomfortably quiet. Suddenly there was a vague sound coming out of a crack on the wall near the end of the choir. Becky stopped and tried to make out if there was any other noise when suddenly she thought she heard a hissing from behind and then to her right, and then left. She braced herself, as she stood ready too defend herself. But the snakes did not seem to WANT to attack, they only crawled around and kept hissing but did not move close enough to be threatening. It was a puzzle, but Becky still growled and showed her sharp teeth. Then a familiar voice came out of the blue and said “WHAT are you doing?!”. Lilliputt suddenly appeared amongst hundreds of snakes and seemed as comfortable and fearless as ever. The friends reunited with a warm hug as the snakes kept hissing and crawling around them. “How come you can do that?”, said Becky in doubt. “Well, lets say it’s a gift, my dear friend. Always had it”, Lilliputt answered and then said something to the snake, “now did ya get da translation?” she said and smiled. “Yes, it says "HE WHO DISTURBS US WILL LOSE THEIR MEMORY", Becky answered. A big snake next to Lilliputt hissed and so they started a conversation. “She would like to know if there was a box that has been opened, so I told her “yes” and now she is upset and keeps telling me something about a bank or sumthin”, Lilliputt said with a frown, “we have to go to the Chamber of Thought. There is a memory bank there and memories that are stored as…bubbles?” she went on then seemed to ask the snake to verify her information, “yes, bubbles”. As they were about to go on the flashlight flickered and then stopped working. “Well, thaz just TYPICAL”, Lilliputt exclaimed, “how am I supposed to go on now?”. Becky looked confused at her friend then got another flashlight from her pocket. “How did ya do that?”, Lilliputt said confused. “It’s my bottomless pockets”, Becky explained, “I have always had them”. “Ooooh”, said Lilliputt as though she understood her friends’ explanation.
            Finally they reached the Chamber of Thoughts with the help of the snakes. All the way Lilliputt complained that she had never heard such a talkative bunch, and the main topic was what rat tasted the best. “EWW!”, she kept saying. From the snakes they learned though that the sanctuary had in ancient times been built to worship wolf deities but had been abandoned a long time ago when the Case of Lost Memory was opened. The story goes that the wrath of the Gods came onto the people of the sanctuary, punishing them so that they simply forgot who they were and why they were put on this earth. According to the tale a valiant werewolf had found the box and together with an armour bearer they sealed the case. The case was then hidden and nobody has ever heard about it until now. Some say that there is a way to stop the effects of the case by using the memory bank although nobody knew how.
            Finally the reached the portal that lead to the chamber, only it was sealed. There were carvings on it and from what Becky could tell it was a riddle, only it was of a mathematical nature. “Oh, GREAT!” said Lilliputt in an ironic tone, “sounds just like da horrific computer gibberish that keeps sir Theme so happy.” But Becky simply took a mini calculator and started to work on the problem. Inside was the Memory Bank, sealed in a container, but no one knew the size and no one knew if there were any traps to reach it.

Last edited by Lilliputt; 06-02-2007, 22:44:54.

STILL struddling

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X