Cool Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Recipes

Are there other foodies out there- can we post good recipes for others to share?

EDIT by moderation:
    Upon request, this thread can also be used to add recipes for drinks. Recipes for alcoholic drinks may only be posted by members of legal drinking age, and must follow our general rules (e.g. names of the drinks must be appropriate). If a member of legal drinking age posts such a recipe, they must add a warning that it contains alcohol. The thread should not be used to promote underage drinking.
    Please note, that this is a trial. If we notice any abuse or experience any difficulties, moderation may alter these rules, and be more strict.

i start with a good thing to eat while on gh

a pack of ready croissant dough
    franks or sausages
    tomato ketchup or mustard or pesto
    egg

cut the dough into portions-spread with what you like-lay on a sausage-roll up-brush with egg and a little coarse salt and bake according to the dough instructions
    eat while chatting
    Last edited by Mistery; 07-25-2007, 01:08:45.

ok next day
    lets go easy pudding
    white bread slices-cut in two
    sprinkle with sherry or whatever
    whip up a couple of eggs
    dip the bread in egg -dont let it soak
    fry in butter-oil or whatever you want
    sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and serve with yoghourt/cream/icecream and a fruit coulis if you want(if you know what it is-if not pm me)
    Last edited by vivi; 07-11-2007, 20:03:51.

Comment

Greek Carrot Salad

A bundle of fresh carrots
      Lemon juice
      Olive oil
      Pinch of salt

Alternative: insted of lemon use vinegar

Wash and grate the carrots. Put the carrots in a bowl and add olive oil, salt and finally pour vinegar or lemon juice and mix it a little. Let it cool for a while in the fridge and then serve. Very good for hot summer days
      Last edited by Lilliputt; 07-11-2007, 01:47:21.

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilliputt
        Greek Carrot Salad

A bundle of fresh carrots
        Lemon juice
        Olive oil
        Pinch of salt

Alternative: insted of lemon use vinegar

Wash and grate the carrots. Put the carrots ina bowl and add olive oil, salt and finally pour vinegar or lemon juice and mix it a little. Let it cool for a while in the fridge and then serve. Very good for hot summer days
        that sounds good- ill be doing that when the grill season gets underway again

ive made something like this with orange juice and walnuts-also pretty good
        Last edited by vivi; 07-11-2007, 21:41:33.

Comment

recipe for dressing:

6 cups of crumbled cornbread
          2 cups of sourdough bread
          1 pound of spiced sausage
          2 cups of diced onions
          1 cup of diced bell peppers
          2 large diced chile peppers
          1 tbsp of oregeno
          2 cups of chicken broth
          1/2 tbsp sumac
          1/2 tbsp sage
          2 tbsp fennel pollen
          1 tbsp Cilantro
          3 eggs
          1 cup Sourcream
          1 1/2 Cup of pine nuts
          1 cup of raisins
          12 tbsp of butter
          1 tbsp honey
          salt and pepper to taste

Begin by melting 6 tbsps of butter in a pan over medium heat and sautéing the diced bell peppers, chili peppers, and onions until they just begin to brown. Combine that with the rest of the ingredients except the fennel pollen, honey, , chicken broth, and the remaining butter. Mix the ingredients in a large bowl by hand. It is important that the mixture be firm and moist, but not watery. Begin to add the chicken broth only as needed to keep the mixture moist and pliable, yet firm. Once all the ingredients are well blended put the mixture in a baking dish. Mix the honey, fennel pollen, and butter in a small bowl until well blended. Spread the honey butter over the top of the mixture in the dish. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and cook for about a half hour at 350 degrees. After that remove the aluminum foil and cook an additional 20 minutes to lightly brown the top of the dish.

Comment

that sounds yummy jack-look forward to trying it-any substitute for fennel pollen- ive never seen it here in norway-i am really keen to try it though
            Last edited by vivi; 07-11-2007, 21:45:59.

Comment

Okay, so I don't really cook. But this is probably my all-time absolute FAVORITE dessert. I'm not going to give the real name, as it's inappropriate. But I will call it the:

"Ultimate Layered Dessert"

INGREDIENTS:
              1 cup flour
              1/2 cup butter or margarine
              3/4 cup chopped pecans
              1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
              1 cup confectioners' sugar
              1 tub whipped topping, 32 ounces
              1 package (4oz) vanilla instant pudding
              1 package (4oz) chocolate instant pudding
              3 cups cold milk, divided
              1 square semisweet chocolate, shaved, or mini semisweet chocolate chips

PREPARATION:
              Combine flour, butter and pecans and press into a 9x13x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° (fahrenheit) for 25 minutes. Cool in pan on rack.
              Combine cream cheese and confectioners' sugar and spread over pecan mixture. Spread half of the whipped topping over the cream cheese layer.

Mix package of vanilla pudding using 1-1/2 cups of milk. Spoon evenly over the whipped topping; spread until layer is even. Mix package of chocolate pudding using remaining 1-1/2 cups milk. Spread on top of vanilla pudding. Spread remaining whipped topping on top and sprinkle with shaved semisweet chocolate or mini chocolate chips.

Comment

he he-im going to be fat in a couple of weeks

Comment

I have got loads of recipes to share! I cook every night and try out different recipes.. I am gonna share this recipe with you guys its actually a funny story a mate of mine went(wont name the shop) to buy this cookies from a famous cookie stall and she was so impressed she asked for the recipe they said ok its £2.50 so she said why thats a steal! but when she got her credit card statement she was charged £250.00 and not £2.50! so she decided to pass the recipe around to everyone for free! enuff jibber jabber here it is

Hawaiian Nut Cookie

2 cups butter
                  > 4 cups flour
                  > 2 tsp. baking soda
                  > 2 cups granulated sugar
                  > 2 cups brown sugar
                  > 5 cups blended oatmeal (measure oatmeal &
                  > blend in blender
                  > to a fine powder)
                  > 24 oz. chocolate chips
                  > 1 tsp. salt
                  > 18 oz. Cadbury bar (grated)
                  > 4 eggs
                  > 2 tsp. baking powder
                  > 3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)
                  > 2 tsp. vanilla
                  >
                  > cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and
                  > vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt,
                  > baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips,
                  > Cadbury bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place
                  > two inches apart on a cookie sheet.. bake for 10
                  > minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 122 cookies..
                  sigpic
                  Best Riddling Buddies Ever: Vivi,Archaicdome,ShiningStar,Monkey,BizzaroChick,
                  Teodd and of course Hunter

Comment

what better way to get your moneys worth-spread it to the world!!!! and i am going to be fat........and very happy!

and here is a classic tuscan salad-panzanella
                    500 g several-days-old Tuscan white bread, sliced
                    basil leaves
                    3 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and sliced
                    1 small sweet red onion, sliced
                    1 cucumber, sliced
                    Minced parsley
                    1 or 2 hard boiled eggs, cut into eighths (optional)
                    1 teaspoon vinegar or more, to taste
                    3 or more tablespoons good olive oil
                    Dip the bread in cold water, then carefully pat it dry with a towel (it shouldn’t be a pulp). Put the bread in a bowl and mix in the remaining ingredients. Let the panzanella stand for ten minutes to give the bread time to absorb some flavor, and serve.
                    You can add tuna or olives or cheese- but I think its best just as it is

Comment

I made that and everybody really loved it! it actually tastes like cookies from the shops and i had never made cookies before! GREAT FUN MAKIN IT as well
                      sigpic

Comment

It's not good for me ta be on this thread... I get so HUNGARY!!
                        Amazin' foods ya'll I likes

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

Ive got more to come !

Indian Chicken Briyani-serves about 4
                          Ingredients

-Basmati Rice- 4 cups

-200gms Ginger & garlic Paste( what i do is use ground ginger and just
                          mince garlic)

- 6 Green Chilies(i reduce it to bout 2, its spicy enough with the chilipowder)

-1 onion finely chopped

-2 tomatoes finely chopped

-1 cinnamon stick

-100 gms Cashew nuts

-1 teaspoon ground cloves

-1 teaspoon cardamoms(some people hate this so you can leave it out,its very indian tasting)

-150 gms breast of chicken cubed(i usually season the chicken with freshly ground pepper,salt,tumeric and a little paprika)

-2 teaspoon garam masala(available in any corner shop run by indians or tesco)

-3 teaspoon chili powder(if its very hot version i reduce it to 1 spoon)

-Fresh Mint and Coriander Leaves

-1/2 a lemon's juice

Instructions

-Add Butter to a pan and fry onions and tomatoes until onions are golden and limp

- Add Cashew nuts,cloves,cinnamon and cardamom to the pan and fry

-Add mint, coriander leaves and green chilies to the pan

-Add ginger and garlic paste

-then add the garam masala and chili powder and then the chicken( i usually prefry the chicken for bout 2 mins)

-Add water to the mixture, add 2 cups of water for one cup of rice and add salt to taste

-Bring the mixture to boil and add the rice

-Add the lemon juice and let it simmer on medium heat for about 30 mins covered
                          Last edited by Brimful-Asha; 07-12-2007, 13:26:18.
                          sigpic

Comment

Now this is my kind of thread! Ok this is probably one of the best things I have ever made

PECAN ENCRUSTED TROUT WITH AMARETTO CREAM SAUCE (Good with chicken also)

INGREDIENTS:
                            4 6-8oz Trout Filets (scaled with skin left on, any trout is fine)
                            8oz crushed pecans
                            4oz bread crumbs
                            8oz milk
                            4oz Amaretto
                            8oz Heavy Cream
                            5 cloves minced garlic
                            1tbs Fresh Italian Flat-leaf parsley chopped
                            1-2tbs fresh thyme leaves
                            Kosher salt and Freshly ground Black Pepper
                            2tbs olive oil

INSTRUCTIONS:

Lay the trout in a shallow pan and pour the milk over it just until all the fish is coated
                            Then season genorously with the salt and pepper
                            Combine the bread crumbs and pecans in a large bowl
                            Heat a large sautee pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil
                            Evenly coat each filet with the nut mixture then place in the sautee pan meat-side down until it just turns golden brown (2-3 mins)
                            Flip the fish over and cook one additional minute on the skin side
                            Remove the fish and and place on a dish with paper towels on it to drain
                            Turn down the heat to medium and add the minced garlic
                            Cook for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly so that the garlic doesn't burn
                            Add the amaretto and allow it to flame until the alcohol is cooked off, then add the cream and the thyme
                            Continue cooking over medium heat and stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula scraping the sides and bottom until it has reduced by half
                            Lay the fish over rice or orzo and genorously pour the sauce over each serving. Garnish with the parsley

Comment

Sounds yummy teeeod
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X