Amnesya (Special thread for level AD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amnesya (Special thread for level AD)

Because nobody has solved level AD of Amnesya - The Final Riddle Challenge (http://gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5440) yet, players have requested to open a special thread for just this level. This way they can organise themselves, and discuss about the different directions/tracks that the are trying to work on.

For this thread, the same rules apply as for any other riddle thread, so discussions about details of the level must be taken to PM.

Good luck for solving this level

WARNING:
    USE SPOILER TAGS TO GIVE HINTS.
    DO NOT GIVE SOLUTIONS, OR POST FULL QUESTIONS.

THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE SPOILERS
    [spoiler=Title Here]Enter text here...[/spoiler]

I'm re-posting here my message from the main thread. I think it is good to keep all the ideas at one place.

Some of the things I've been doing are

- I'm trying to make a list of items, objects, clues of the things that were given in the previous levels but that aren't used yet. Biggest motivation for this of course is

- I try to make use of that Finnish website mathematically. Maybe the IP address of that website should give us a clue. I'm researching this too.

- Can we FTP amnesya.com? Maybe they created an FTP user account just for this purpose. We may need to find a username and password to login via FTP (or even maybe SSH).

- The X may mean: multiply, replace, overlap... I've been replacing various things in the URL.

- Another important thing is.
    This may mean that the htpassword for that directory might be different than the one for the level and my computer is assuming they are the same, and submits the same htpassword. Amnesya.com doesn't accept the password that my computer sends and it redirects me to a 404-like error page. We might want to try different passwords to get into that directory.

Well, these were some ideas. Given that nobody solved this puzzle for 2 months, I assume that anything is possible. I can't lead an organization of brain power for this riddle for now. I'm going to be extremely busy for the following weeks. But I'll be glad to help, if I can.

Can everybody tell us what they've done and what kind of ideas they produced, please?
    If you are pm'ing about any level, please post the level's number rather than just the level's title.

Comment

Level AD

Well...i have tried entering the names of the people in that
      ....i hope i don't give too much away...lol...not that it's working anyways...but...I, personally, think that the X is from
      ...so
      and i also tried the subject of that episode. and i have been googling the "restricted access" and
      and i saw that other finnish web site...but, I don't understand what it says...and I know there is a game called "unrestricted access" so i have been looking at that...and trying like a billion different things in the url...both at the main page and at the /next/level...
      whew...and I DID notice that if u enter something in that url...that u get the same error page and not the 404 error page...and thats about it....
      Last edited by Mistery; 08-06-2007, 22:10:11.

Comment

Well, I thought I might contribute to this wonderful new thread with another thought. It's not anything revolutionary, it's been thought of before by many, but it's good to have all the ideas here anyway.

The coordinates of the ENTER-button. They do not form a rectangle (why? since the ENTER text is about rectangular)... They form something that resembles

It's a long shot but it's just because that shape is mentioned in

Go overthinking! Anyway, either the coordinates hide something or it's just a diversion. The shape must be intentional. If not the shape then perhaps the numbers themselves...?
        Amnesya riddle AD <=> Easily darned mad

Comment

Well, I saw the
          . They both have a religion theme but I found nothing. I look for
          I look for everything related to Area 51, aliens and UFO. I did every mathematical operation with the coordinates of the Enter button and try every single word with all the extensions (htm - jpg - mp3 - txt - zip - / ). I saw that Finnish site too and the identical page .... NOTHING!
          Last edited by Mistery; 08-06-2007, 22:18:07. Reason: Added spoiler tags

Comment

Why is it that sometimes when I open the window with the AD level the shape around the enter button (the coordinates) is visible outlined in white, then suddenly disappears? This has happened twice. Either 1) My IE is playing tricks on me or 2) I am losing my mind and starting to see things.

Don't give up Costanze! THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE... perhaps.

Comment

Is really the truth out there? So, let's go out!!!
              Anyway, I can see the shape around the button just pushing TAB key and it doesn't disappear 'til I click somewhere else. I also think ...

Comment

So I wasn't seeing things! Great, thanks, didn't know you could TAB it. I also wondered, why is there a google bar in the next/level page? Is there some information in that page that should be googled... or has it just been left there for no particular reason.

Personally I think the dot in the 60 is there just to mark it's 60th... but my personal thoughts aren't worth much so far.

Another thing I thought of is applying the coordinates to another image. I tried the 5A image but I can't think of any other image to try it on...

Comment

Image of level 5A? Why have you thought exactly to that?
                  I thought of it because of the 60th episode of The X-Files ...... it ends in a recycling factory! Mmm.....

Comment

Yeah, you told me that earlier, that's why I tried it. The thought was just that those coords could mark out something special in another image... Just one thought among many who proved to be completely incorrect.
                    Last edited by ANKIS; 08-06-2007, 23:28:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Costanze
                      Image of level 5A? Why have you thought exactly to that?
                      I thought of it because of the 60th episode of The X-Files ...... it ends in a recycling factory! Mmm.....
                      That sounds interesting. Is there a second page on level 5A? Maybe we should work on that level a little. Also, I read someone mentioning about 5B. I never played those levels.

How many fake levels are there?

So far I know of
                      Last edited by Mistery; 08-07-2007, 03:21:01.
                      If you are pm'ing about any level, please post the level's number rather than just the level's title.

Comment

my thoughts

ok....

Comment

believe me when I say that AD is a dead end - go back

Comment

Originally posted by beth21
                            believe me when I say that AD is a dead end - go back

what do you mean?? have you gotten farther??? fill us in!

and go back to where????? level 60?
                            Last edited by jlsoftball; 08-07-2007, 05:17:43.

Comment

On level 5A, when I write down the first letters of each object from left to right I get something like:

Maybe this means something.

Comment

Working...
                              X