Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I changed my email address and my account is activated but i'm not receiving email notifications
    Anybody recognize the lyrics?
    I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd/You're gonna hear my voice when I shout it out loud

:

Comment

What kind of notifications? For subscribed threads? I still receive my notification for PMs.
      Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Yes, could you please be more specific what kind of notification you are not getting?

Comment

Subscribed threads
          I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd/You're gonna hear my voice when I shout it out loud

:

Comment

Would you PM me the email you want to use. I will check to see if we need to manually change it for you.
            Seeking Where My Alien & Mysterious Sis Has gone???
            Looney GHer!

Comment

@OneBun
              She has already changed the email, and I have activated her account because she didn't receive the email confirmation.

@baygal
              Did you check the spam folder of your email as well?
              If there is nothing, then there might be a problem that your email provider blocks emails from GamersHood Forums.
              This is true for all AOL customers for example, against which we can't do anything unfortunately.
              I'm not sure if your email provider has the same issue.
              In that case you'll need to change your email again

Comment

Originally posted by baygal1985 View Post
                Subscribed threads
                Just to be sure: you choose for instant email notification? Not daily or weekly? Can you please check that to be 100 percent certain.

And one of the threads you subscribed contains new posts since you subscribed it and since your account was activated by the mods?

I know, those sounds like silly questions that you very likely will answer will yes, but all those possibilities must be ruled out first before something else can be blamed.
                Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Mistery - I was afraid of that
                  Adventure - Yes I chose Instant and yes I checked the subscribed threads had new posts after I subscribed and changed my email.

I wonder if unsubscribing and re-subscribing would work
                  Last edited by baygal1985; 05-05-2010, 21:33:11. Reason: wrong smilies

:

Comment

Hmmm, try that please

If it doesn't work, then I'm afraid that if you want to get notifications, you'll need to change your email address again Unfortunately it's not under our control which email providers do block emails from gamershood.com

PM me if you wish to change your email, I can change it for you so that you won't need to go through the confirmation process again.

Comment

It didn't work. I'll PM you the email I wanna use. And thanks

:

Comment

Okay
                        I'm very sorry for the unconvenince

Comment

Sometimes emails stay default & require a staff member to manually change them, even if you see the new one in place, the brain of the forum remembers the old one. I just think you might have been that lucky winner of this prize. Anyways, I hope it works out.
                          Seeking Where My Alien & Mysterious Sis Has gone???
                          Looney GHer!

Comment

Mistery - It's ok and it's working ^_^ Thanks again
                            OneBun - haha Makes sense ^_^

:

Comment

I'm glad that it finally works with your "new" email address

Comment

Email Notification

Can you turn of email notification for all threads you have subscribed to in the past? I originally had it turned on and am now subscribed to 100s of threads. I changed the default under user options but I still get emails from the old ones.

I looked around in options, but didnt see anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X