Blood Diamond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Diamond

Yesterday I participated in a Model UN conference, which is basically a highschool version of the United Nations, and the primary topic was Blood Diamonds and Illegal Arms trade. We were representing Sierra Leone, so my friend told me to watch Blood Diamond.
    So I just watched it, and it was the saddest thing I have ever seen.

What did you think about it? Did you like it? What were your favorite parts?

Any imput on your thoughts and opinions would be welcome....
    Online Family!
    Husband: Someguy
    Son: Gameguy49
    Big Sister: Grigtho

<3 Skylar <3

I saw Blood Diamond several months ago, so I don't recall favorite parts, or things like that. But I was seriously completely ignorant about all of that. It was horrid. I made me sad, and I even cried. I wish there was something I could do about all of it... The movie was good, though.

A bit off topic, this movie prompted me to read, "A long way gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier" by Ismael Beah. His story didn't have to do with the Blood diamonds, but it did take place partly in Sierra Leone. Very good book, though very sad...

Comment

iv never seen it but when i was camping my aunty to be *raises eyebrows* was talking about it and theres been alot of jewrley stores putting up singhs saying "our dimands are not blood dimands"
      .Love.Explore.Laugh.Smile.Shop.Live.Rock.Flirt.Discorve.Accelerate.Express.Challange

Comment

I won't buy diamonds unless I'm assured they're conflict-free. I saw that movie and it really moved me, especially when you saw the refugee camp that held a million people, and then you heard it was the second largest. I liked the ending though, hearing that Sierra Leone is at peace was great but the fact that there are still over 200,000 child soldiers out there? The scenes with the kidnapped children being brainwashed into become soldiers/killers brought me to tears, it was really upsetting.
        Things you should never do:

Tell a lie
        Use a friend
        Break a promise
        Cheat your family
        Steal from the poor
        Pretend to be something you're not

Comment

i have it in a dvd cd

but i dont watch it all cuz i dont like it
          http://www.m5zn.com/uploads/1185b18f4b.gif

^