This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Room

Here is another point and click game. You have to find the secret room and free your girlfriend.
    Its not TOO difficult.

http://www.boilingvideo.com/SecretRoom.html

Please use spoilers to give hints:
    [spoiler=Title Here]Enter text here...[/spoiler]
    Last edited by pennsteve67; 01-16-2008, 20:39:59.

For some reason, it keeps asking me for a username & password to go to the attic.

Comment

Originally posted by pamorris71 View Post
      For some reason, it keeps asking me for a username & password to go to the attic.

Yes. Thats what its supposed to do. You have to find clues and figure out the username and password. Same with the safe.

Comment

I can see something on the frame of a painting.... but it's too distorted to make out.... also in the backyard...
        Sorry but the clues aren't conclusive... We need a better idea...
        Best company one could ever wish for: Sumitra, Vivi, ArchaicDome, ShiningStar, Monkey, LilliPutt, Eternal Becky, Farmwife, Iva, EscapeGirl... and still waiting for more...

Comment

Quick Review

I am operating under the assumption that you, pennsteve67, either are the author or know the author of this game. If you are not the author, please forward my comments to him/her. Thank you.

Firstly, I would guess that the clues were written into the pictures in zoomed-out format, probably using Paint or a similar format and then saved into the jpg image format. Unless exceptionally high resolutions are used, this will result in color dithering and blurring; more precisely, it will mean that the clues are essentially unreadable.

The solution is to put the clue into a zoomed-in view and save in a true-color format (I recommend png). If you must use jpg, consider an alternative method for getting the clue. Example: put the clue on a clickable bit of the frame, so that when clicked, the code is instantly viewable in a frame that has nothing to do with the main picture. This will avoid one of the major problems of color dithering, especially if the code is actually text rather than image.

Secondly, the authentication of the safe and the attic require both a username and a password. However, the code given on any of the 13 options is singular, with no obvious breaks to show where the username ends and the password begins (or vice-versa). Attempting to use the full code for both the username and password proved incorrect.

Finally, the rebus found in the book is confusing at best. While the 7-up logo is understandable in context, the omega symbol is functionally useless if you are intending to use the symbol to represent a number. Omega actually represents eleven different numbers in terms of numerological theory and there is no clue which indicates which one you intend (if indeed any of them).

This is not intended to be derogatory or cutting, but rather to point out the areas which are lacking in the hope that you will correct them. The game has good promise; I hope to be able to play it through soon!

Comment

I went up the stairs - doesn't appear to be a way to get back down. Can only click for attic and empty bathroom. I'll restart
            safe

Last edited by NannaJoy; 04-22-2008, 00:36:02.

Comment

cute idea for a game. but seems glitchy and when zooming in, everything is distorted.

Comment

yay got into the safe!!!

Last edited by Chocbubbles; 04-22-2008, 00:16:08. Reason: need to add something extra
                sigpic

Comment

Hmmm. For weeks there's been no game posting on the home page under latest games. I've been going to the forum to find them. Now, today there are a few on the first page but what I find is this game, which as stated above is fairly glitchy. I can't seem to back out of the second floor either for starters. What's up at Gamershood anyway?

Comment

thanks to clues, i got into the safe. i'm missing two things, though: a username to get into the attic and 1st part of password. here's what i do have tho:

that's all i've got. hope it helps somebody, cuz it doesn't help me.

Comment

well this is boring...
                      Know any good RPG games like Mechquest or Dragonfable?

Comment

Originally posted by Caeraerie View Post
                        Finally, the rebus found in the book is confusing at best. While the 7-up logo is understandable in context, the omega symbol is functionally useless if you are intending to use the symbol to represent a number. Omega actually represents eleven different numbers in terms of numerological theory and there is no clue which indicates which one you intend (if indeed any of them).
                        According the all the sites I checked, Omega represents 800 and that's it. The greeks used letters to represent numbers.

That said...I hate the games from that site. As soon as I see boiling video I close the tab and move on to the next game
                        sigpic

Loki, God of destruction

Comment

The link of this game is broken and we can't find a working link so this game is moved to the Broken Link section...
                          If anyone should find a working link then please let us know here and we will move it back to the Point and Click Adventure Games
                          From now on, this is how it is going to be, just her and me
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X