Most Boring Book You've Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crimsonthread View Post
    I just finished reading it (not because I had to, but because I wanted to...), and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. But, then again, I am a teacher... And I love utopian society books, like 1984 and Brave New World.

Most boring book I had to read in school? Well, at the time, I thought Watership Down was incredibly boring, but I've since gone back and reread it, and I also enjoyed it. Never could finish The Great Gatsby, though... that one just didn't appeal to me at all.
    Give Walden Two by B.F. Skinner, a try. Let me know what you think.

Most boring book I had to read? I am not sure. There have been several - and all were back in High School. I'll come back later if I think of one.

Comment

Originally posted by EscapeGirl View Post
      Another utopia-type book? Ooh! :makes mental note to check it out from the library:
      sigpic

Comment

Most boring book is one by Gary Crew. Can't remember title...

Comment

THE Hidie one
          I'm CHOCACHOLIC and I like it and if you don't like it that's fine.... More chocolate for me

If I had to kiss a frog to live I would say N.O

I think I need to cut down on the coffee

My best online mate is Escapegirl

♪♪♪♪♪♪ ♪♪♪♪♪♪ ♪♪♪♪♪♪ ♪♪♪♪♪♪ ♪♪♪♪♪♪

Comment

Uhm, I remember that I started to read, gone with the wind, but I hated it .

Comment

the most boring book? hmmm the series of unfortunate events.... i know there ment 2 be exicting but he just drones on and on and on about random stuff like shoes! i mean ***! but they were really boring
              :scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch::scared-couch:

Comment

Originally posted by EscapeGirl View Post
                B.F. Skinner? The behavioural psychologist? Now I might just have to give that one a try.

Boring books... do textbooks count? I'd have to say "Rabbit, Run" by John Updike. It was horrible yet intriguing all at the same time. Had to read it for my intro English class about 4 years ago. Upon reading it, you'd think that the author had absolutely no grasp of punctuation, or even grammar in some cases. *lol* It was like a bunch of rambling thoughts. And talk about small details... The car radio literally rambled -- "*song name* *song name* *commercial* *news* *weather* *sports* *song* *another song* *more news* *more weather*"....and on and on.

I'd also have to say that the "Lord of the Rings" books are boring. I'm on book two, stuck somewhere in the middle of the Ents meeting. I've been there for two years. Maybe three. Love the movies, though. *lol*
                "Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!"

Why is it that when someone tells you that there are billions of stars in the universe, you believe them. But if they tell you that there’s wet paint somewhere, you have to touch it?

Comment

for me?
                  this
                  thriller book named...

kill me...
                  by stephen white...

i never got out of page 17...
                  DR
                  LEVEL 74
                  NO. 17 IN D-MINOR

DR 2
                  CHAPTER 2

Little help pls....

f@LL3n.k!++3n
                  sigpic

Comment

For me it'd probably be The Ennead by Jan Mark. It wasn't even very long, but the way it was written made it horribly dull.

Ask me about breeding coathangers for fun and profit.

Currently causing chaos in room 412 of the Gamershood Hotel

My Castle - Feel free to join up!

Comment

For me,
                      Either Kensuki's Kingdom
                      or
                      Escape the Mask
                      I've got a riddle for you guys.
                      PM me or just tell me in chat what comes next in this uhh, well, (how to describe it?) Saying. (I guess)

What does the scouter say about his power level?
                      (hehehe I love this part)

Comment

Sole Survivor by Dean Koontz.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonthread View Post
                          I just finished reading it (not because I had to, but because I wanted to...), and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. But, then again, I am a teacher... And I love utopian society books, like 1984 and Brave New World
                          We had to do presentations for english this year and two people had those stories..after hearing about them I kinda want to read them..i think it would be my kind of story. I read Frankenstein which was REALLY GOOD!

Boring book...probably the Great Gatsby just because we had to read it in school so it lost my attention because i didnt really care. I wasnt thrilled to go home and read it. I do remember trying to read this one story years ago and i just couldnt start it..i read the first couple pages like over and over but i couldnt focus so i didnt know what was happening. so i think it was by Clive Cussler and my dad said he is a great author i just couldnt get into it..oh well
                          im about to read Twilight and it looks good so we will see
                          Sister Dia <3
                          Elite Member of GFARDTO

Why Are YOU Worrying about You-Know-Who?
                          You SHOULD Be Worrying About
                          U-NO-POO -
                          the CONSTIPATION SENSATION That's Gripping the Nation!

Why so Serious?

Comment

Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry. UGH. i'm sorry, i'm not racist in ANY way but that book was so boring. it's about a couple of black kids, but it's been a while since i had to read it. soo. sorry. didn't like it much. or...maybe it's not about black kids. O_O' i can't remember as i had to read it in sixth grade. if anyone knows, feel free to correct me...
                            GH Family (possibly the coolest )
                            Brother: ~GH Dog~
                            Cousins: Chocbubbles, Animal Dragon, Yoshifan19, Emo234, 2 Tails, funja
                            (highlight the text, there's someone hiding. )
                            Ghost Robot Cousin: Clank

Comment

ok prouboly the spiderwhick books sooooooooooooooo boring
                              I am and will always be a timetraveler

Comment

@Lovely, I had to read that too. We also had to do a scene from it. I read about 10 pages and got bored.

Also The Hobbit-J.R Tolkein was really boring...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X